Details: Additional pay will be commensurate with experience
6000 East Evans Avenue
Unite America seeks a full-time Operations & Finance Manager. The Operations & Finance Manager is responsible for supporting the Deputy Director in managing the organization’s operations and finances. This role allows for full visibility across several programs and organizations working to advance the independent movement.
The ideal candidate is a trusted partner who will work diligently to ensure that organization can easily identify fundraising needs and prioritize business opportunities. The candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, is both a learner & innovator and can build strong interpersonal relationships with all staff members.
Managing the organization’s finances and budget will be the principal responsibility of the Operations & Finance Manager but the individual will be expected to contribute in other ways, including; managing the day to day operations of the office and completing administrative tasks for senior staff.
The Operations & Finance Manager will be based in Denver, Colorado and report to the Deputy Director. This is a full-time role with full benefits and a starting salary of $40,000. Additional pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Track and substantiate all business transactions across multiple entities and programs
- Record and review all incoming and outgoing checks, invoices, and expense reports
- Prepares monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for senior staff and board members
- Collaborate with external vendors who manage accounting, compliance, payroll and benefits
- Ensure staff members adhere to organization’s budget and finance processes and procedures
- Manage day-to-day office operations and activities
- Support development, implementation, and refinement of HR policies & procedures
- Identify opportunities to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization
- Coordinate travel, scheduling and meetings for senior staff
- Communicate with supporters via email & phone, and serve as a point of contact at our office
- A strong desire to fix a broken political system and passion for our cause
- At least two years of professional work experience
- Capable of working with detailed, financial information
- Extremely comfortable working with numbers, building models and making projections
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Strong proficiency in Google Suite, especially Google Sheets
- Demonstrable ability to multitask, prioritize, and execute at a highly detailed level
- High standard of professionalism and personal integrity
- Ability to be responsive to time-sensitive communications outside of normal work hours
- Willing to serve in a “jack-of-all-trades” role
Unite America is a national political organization that aims to bridge the growing partisan divide in government by strategically electing common-sense, independent candidates to office. To apply, please send a resume & cover letter with the subject line “Operations and Finance Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full health, dental and vision insurance
Minimum Education Required