Details: Negotiable based on experience.
2005 Reynolds Avenue
Duties of the MYLA Youth Entrepreneurship Coordinator:
• Lead a team of part-time MYLA Instructors to execute on daily programming that builds students’ capabilities in the
leadership qualities of Character, Excellence and Presence. This includes working to educate high school students on financial literacy and entrepreneurship skills. It also includes assuring students are making grade level progress in their academics and that positive discipline and intentional teaching are being implemented.
• Oversee Metanoia’s Youth Business operations during both the school year and summer months. Assure annual growth of business revenues as well as the effective growth of student skills and roles within the businesses themselves.
• Motivate TEAM EXCELLENCE by ensuring that part-time MYLA Instructor(s) have clarity on their job requirements along with the training and resources to accomplish those requirements. Ensure team members are well motivated to carry out Metanoia’s mission within their respective areas.
• Maintain positive, open and COLLABORATIVE RELATIONSHIPS with parents, volunteers and school officials. This
includes pro-active communication when possible and assuring a strong relationship with key partners that add significant value to the MYLA.
• Work in collaboration with the MYLA Dir. of Operations to carry out an exciting and rigorous daily CURRICULUM that builds youth into leaders in a manner that is developmentally appropriate, research based and complimentary to what is occurring at the elementary and middle school levels. Assure that counselors understand the 'why' behind each activity being performed.
• DUE DILIGENCE: ensure that space is clean and that program materials (library, computers, games, youth business equipment, etc.) are being neither neglected or abused - assure that program is in compliance with relative regulatory and grant funding agencies (including Individual Development Account compliance for high school students).
• Work in collaboration with MYLA Director of Operation, local schools and parents to assure that Metanoia is meeting its goals in the RECRUITMENT and RETENTION of students that demonstrate the capacity to be leaders of character,
excellence and presence. (including 1:10 ratio, sustainable business growth, and model)
• Ensure Metanoia staff is collecting and entering data into outcomes tracking software appropriately and then using reports to drive program improvements
General qualifications required:
1. All staff shall be of good character and demonstrate a strong commitment to Metanoia’s core values of being Asset Driven,Community Based and Rooted in Faith.
2. All staff shall:
a. be physically and mentally capable to perform essential functions related to the job.
b. have a basic understanding of youth development.
c. have some experience with working in business or entrepreneurship.
d. be adaptive to a variety of situations.
e. be willing to grow in their knowledge of youth development.
f. demonstrate willingness and increasing ability to use intentional, applied, and service learning practices in their own work and in support of volunteers to promote leadership development
3. Metanoia hires without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Educational qualifications required:
A Degree from an accredited college or university required as is some experience in working professionally with youth.
The position is eligible for individual healthcare, three weeks Paid Time Off and company paid retirement benefits. The position also includes allowances for continuing education to grow the capacity of the Coordinator.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Metanoia will receive a first round of applicants from October 2, 2018 to 5pm on October 18, 2018. Interested applicants must submit the following in one PDF document for consideration:
• A cover letter and resume.
• Two Essays, no more than 1 page each that answer each of the following questions:
• What attracts you to apply for the Youth Entrepreneurship Coordinator position at the Metanoia Youth Leadership Academy?
• What skills and values do you possess that you think are critical to this position?
After an initial review, a qualified field of potential applicants will be narrowed and interviewed by a selection team. Interested applicants are encouraged to address any questions about the position to the Metanoia Youth Leadership Academy Dir. of Operations, Stacy Brown, 2005 Reynolds Ave., North Charleston, SC 29405, email@example.com, 843-529-3014.