Details: Competitive salary
555 Knollwood Road
White Plains, NY
Work closely with public school districts to support the placement of new students and to coordinate meetings with school district Committees on Special Education and Committees on Preschool Special Education for new and continuing students. Provide data and reports as requested by the NY State Education Department (NYSED). Assist with general office functions included but not limited to the following: receptionist duties, filing, copying, mail distribution, data management and recordkeeping, etc.
NY State Education Department (NYSED) Related Duties:
· Maintain student files in compliance with NYSED laws and regulations
· Ensure that required NYSED forms related to student placement are prepared and appropriately completed and signed by parents and school district administrators and forwarded to NYSED in a timely manner
· Prepare Student Tracking & Accountability Count (STAC) forms for school district signature and forward to NYSED.
· Prepare data related reports as requested by NYSED
· Assist with intake/admissions process as needed
· Assist with annual submission of class rosters
Public School District Related Duties:
· Coordinate with school district personnel, the scheduling of initial, program and annual review meetings of the Committee on Special Education (CSE) and Committee on Preschool Special Education (CPSE) for each new and continuing preschool and school aged student.
· Alert NYSD teaching, related service and administrative staff of anticipated CSE /CPSE meetings dates and of the due date for the specific reports and evaluations needed
· Monitor the submission of required staff reports and evaluations; alert administrators of late reports;
· Forward submitted reports and evaluations to the respective school district and parents prior to the scheduled meetings.
· Update IEPs using IEPDirect and update individual student information on the student data system as appropriate.
General Office Related Duties:
· General office receptionist duties
· Assistance with special projects & PowerPoint presentations as requested
· Preparation of confidential student folders and filing of confidential records
· Preparation of Xerox copies; scanning and faxing as needed
· Daily mail distribution
· Conduct on-going inventory of equipment, materials & supplies and prepare purchase order requests as appropriate.
· Participate and present in department meetings as appropriate
· Provide on-going training to staff regarding office procedures and changing processes
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Office management experience in an educational environment preferred
· Ability to communicate effectively through American Sign Language.(ASL) or willingness to learn
· Excellent spoken and written English skills
· Knowledge and skill with various office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) etc.
· Ability to multi-task and work in busy office
· Ability to be flexible, work independently and take initiative
· Knowledge of IEPDIRECT and the student data management system Power School is a plus.
· Knowledge of IEPs and special education laws and regulations is a plus!
Competitive salary and benefits
Level of Language Proficiency
American Sign Language preferred
Minimum Education Required