ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Personnel Data Associate is responsible for managing and maintaining all electronic data in Internews' ERP system as well as other systems and/or third party vendor applications. The Personnel Data Associate also provides support related to ERP system report delivery, automated processes, system testing and upgrades, data auditing and troubleshooting.
Internews has US offices in Arcata, CA and Washington, DC which support a hybrid workforce with staff working remotely, fully in-office or partially remote. This is a remote-based role. Our ideal candidate is based in the Pacific time zone.
OUR COMMITMENT TO FOSTERING A CULTURE OF BELONGING
We are an organization of dynamic, mission-driven individuals who are passionate about our core values and about supporting positive change in the world. We pride ourselves on our commitment to innovation and flexibility. We believe that diverse teams are strong teams, and work to support an ethic of belonging, dignity, and justice for all people. Our current team includes a mix of genders, parents and non-parents, and people of multiple races, nationalities, ages, sexual orientations and socioeconomic backgrounds. We are an EEO employer and encourage candidates of all races, genders, ages, orientations, ethnicities, and national origins to apply, and welcome those with alternative backgrounds and experiences.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
Data Entry Administration
- Manages and maintains a high volume of personnel data in Internews' Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and electronic records for employees and contractor new hires, mid-engagement changes, and exits;
- Manages and maintains a high volume of enrollment data done manually into Internews' third party vendor websites for new hires, mid-employment changes, and exits;
- Sets up purchase orders in ERP system for contractors;
- Performs regular data audits within all HR systems, updating data as needed in response to findings;
- Supports SOP documents for Business World data entry processes as requested;
- Performs annual terrorist screenings for all headquarters employee and personal services contractor staff, updates records in ERP.
ERP System Administration
- Runs monthly or ad-hoc ERP reports, including weekly staff change reports, monthly PMU reports, monthly benefits reports, increase eligibility reports, metrics, etc.;
- Coordinates with Headquarters IT team on system troubleshooting and updates as directed;
- Provides support related to implementation of new systems and system upgrades.
General HR Support
- Manages HR help ticketing system, assigning tickets to other HR staff, following up on overdue tickets, and resolving issues as assigned;
- Tracks new hire conflict of interest forms, escalating disclosures to senior HR staff as needed
- Cross-trains on a range of other HR Associate duties and provides project support as needed
- Reconciles department credit card for accounting; and
- Possesses an understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews' Core Values.
QUALIFICATIONS WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- University degree, or equivalent professional work experience
- 2+ years database experience, preferably with an ERP level software and insurance vendor enrollment websites
- Experience with vetting services, web-authoring, intranet, and/or page layout software, a plus
- Strong grasp of Microsoft Windows environment including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Explorer, and internet savvy
- Proven ability handling confidential and/or sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to navigate challenging circumstances while maintaining positive and professional relationships with teammates and staff members required
- Experience working in collaborative team environment and able to take direction, yet work independently and complete tasks on time
- Organized, logical, detail-oriented
- International and/or NGO experience, a plus