Shine a Light is CTF’s largest fundraising campaign, nationally and locally. The Walk Manager is one of three team members responsible for more than 25 Walks across the country. The Walk Manager is primarily responsible for driving fundraising and managing Walk events, including all teams/individuals, sponsorship, the volunteer planning committee and other responsibilities as needed.
· Effectively recruit and manage retained and new fundraising teams.
· Ensure revenue goals are attained by partnering with local leadership to identify, recruit, manage, and steward volunteer committees and fundraising campaign participants.
· Ensure growth of the CTF Walk campaign through cultivation and stewardship of participants, and implementation of key fundraising strategies including goal planning meetings, Active Team Management, kick off, cultivation and thank you events, and other meetings as needed.
· Identify, cultivate and lead campaign volunteers/donors/teams/participants by developing and implementing campaign appropriate strategies and relationship cultivation activities for successful recruitment, acknowledgement and retention of volunteers/donors/teams/participants.
· Identify and network with corporations, community groups, schools, and key donors to engage their support of CTF fundraising campaigns.
· Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of CTF.
· Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for Walks, including fundraising goals, budget recommendations, vendors, timelines, etc.
· Manage the volunteer planning committee(s) including a virtual monthly meeting and a minimum of two in person strategy planning meetings
· Identify, build and cultivate relationships with community leaders to promote growth and new partnerships.
· Act as an on-site manager during the campaign fundraising event, overseeing activities, staff, vendors, and volunteers, to ensure satisfaction of participants and resolution of problems.
· Work collaboratively with CTF staff and other CTF departments in order to achieve desired fundraising goals.
· Collaborate and partner on shared services including logistics, marketing, volunteers and operations to ensure campaign standards are being met and a high-level of event day experience is achieved.
· Maintain a working knowledge of CTF’s mission and the capability to educate others on our goals, in order to promote fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
· Coordinate communication and publicity for events on all Foundation calendars, newsletters and local calendars, websites and social media.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree
· At least 2-4 years’ of experience in nonprofit event-based fundraising
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Enthusiastic, self-motivated, resourceful and committed to excellence.
· Professional demeanor.
· Experience giving presentations to multiple audiences.
· Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively and meeting deadlines.
· Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
· Customer service driven approach.
· Demonstrates the ability to learn new systems, processes, and ways of working in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment.
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite and experience with a fundraising software.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
· Required to attend Walk events and work evenings and weekends as needed
· Travel required
· Light lifting and some physical activity may be required
Reports to: Senior Director of Development, Walk and Field Strategy
Health insurance for employee and dependents 100% paid for by CTF, 401k match after 3 months of employment, generous PTO and flexible schedules, and more!
Minimum Education Required