Senior Corporate Relations Associate
- Job posted by Doctors Without Borders/Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Details: Starting salary high 50s to low 60s (commensurate with experience).
40 Rector Street
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization that provides medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters, or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common mission.
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising over $350 million annually in funds in order to meet the financial needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission effectively and efficiently.
You will join a dynamic team responsible for raising and managing a portfolio of over 900 corporate donors valued at $23+ million. You will be responsible for managing the daily business operations of the Corporate Relations team. Daily functions will include: leading donor research, vetting corporate inquiries, and managing gift processing, database maintenance, and cultivation mailings. You will report to the Director of Corporate Relations and be part of the mighty MSF-USA development team.
· Lead research process for the Corporate Relations team including development of donor research profiles, vetting current or potential donors against the MSF Corporate Gift Acceptance Policy, as well as identifying and advising on partnership opportunities.
· Research and analyze corporate prospects and create business cases for support following MSF’s strategic alignments.
· Administer vetting and follow-up for incoming corporate inquiries via phone and email.
· Manage gift processing and donor data maintenance which includes gift coding, database entry, account updates, and refund processing.
· Project manage key cultivation processes such as mailings, acknowledgements, event invitations.
· Manage relationships with research vendors.
· Participate in CRM database conversion process.
· Collaborate with various colleagues in the development and optimization of business practices policies and procedures.
· Keep informed about recent news effecting donors, industry information, and fundraising best practices by reviewing a variety of weekly/monthly publications on business and philanthropy
· Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings, program updates and office-wide debates to participate in information sharing across all departments.
· Provides additional administrative support, as needed.
· Min. 2 yrs. (administrative) fundraising or directly relevant work experience, preferably in major donor/corporate research.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· Keen attention to detail with ability to track multiple projects at one time.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer literacy, including ability to use word processing, spreadsheet and database software, and to search the internet for research purposes.
· Ability to handle a large volume of work under pressure and with deadlines.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Reliable and ability to take initiative.
· Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
· Familiarity with and commitment to the work of MSF.
· Knowledge of international affairs and humanitarian issues.
· French skills a plus.
· Proven research experience
· High quality customer service
· CRM conversion experience
· Project management
· Database management
Open ended Contract
Starting salary high 50s to low 60s (commensurate with experience).
Desired Hiring Date
May 29, 2018
Working Time %
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send letter of interest/cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ATTN: “Senior Corporate Relations Associate” position.
Submissions without cover letter will not be reviewed. No phone calls please.
Application Deadline: April 20, 2018