Give2Asia a leading provider of philanthropic services that improve lives for millions of people. We provide international donors and philanthropic institutions with a trusted platform to support and partner with local charitable groups in 25 locations in the Asian-Pacific region.
Summary of Position Expectations
The Account Associate is responsible for supporting donor stewardship activities, with an emphasis on Give2Asia’s major corporate donors. Primary responsibilities include providing wide-ranging assistance to Account Managers who manage relationships with Give2Asia’s corporate clients and serving as a center of knowledge around Give2Asia’s best practices in stewardship. The Corporate Associate must demonstrate attention to details, strong communication skills, and a strong ability to organize data and problem-solve; as well as a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia.
- Reports to: Corporate Account Managers of Asia-Based Clients
- Internal: Interacts most closely with Give2Asia’s Programs Department, overseas Field Advisors in 25 different countries and locations in Asia, and other departments as needed within Give2Asia.
- External: Interacts with Give2Asia grantees and donors.
- Monday – Friday
- 11am – 7pm PST
- Based in Oakland, California
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills or get up to speed on ongoing issues.
- Strong attention to detail and strong commitment to excellence in all activities
- Proven track record with organizational, interpersonal, and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to meet rolling deadlines for multiple managers.
- Strong internal communication skills and ability to liaise between multiple managers
- Willingness to assist others and take on new project as they arise.
- A good attitude when dealing with obstacles.
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to prioritize, collaborate with others, work in a team environment, and be flexible
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, including presentation software (e.g. PowerPoint). Experience and ability to learn CRM’s preferred.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia
- Work or life experience in Asia strongly preferred
- Interest in corporate philanthropy and civil society development in Asia preferred
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines with limited oversight.
- The Account Associates role is to support the stewardship of major corporate donors, under the oversight of two Asia-based Account Managers. In cooperation with the relevant Account Managers, the Account Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Stewardship of major clients
- Perform administrative duties for each of the grants they are responsible for such as information warehousing, completing documents and grant entries, and creating distributions.
- Ensure a high standard of quality for grant documents.
- Review grant due diligence, proposals and report documentation of local Asia-based organizations as needed and in a timely manner
- Upkeep grant making data on Salesforce and Box database
- Serve as a back-up contact person for assigned major clients when Account Manager is unavailable Grant making support
- Support program team to design and produce high-level as well as detailed grant making analyses, portfolio reports, and other documents adapted to the unique needs of each corporate client
- Help assigned Account Manager respond to special requests from donors, as needed
- Keep Account Manager informed of current events and developments related to and of interest to Give2Asia’s major clients
- Provide support to Field Staff
- Provide other research or content on current clients and grantees as requested by Business Development and Marketing staff
- Optimize database use for client stewardship; other database management and data entry, as requested
- Orient and train interns
- Represent Give2Asia at philanthropic, industry, and/or client events on occasion
- Additional tasks as required
Click Here to Apply