The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations is responsible for writing grants, researching funding opportunities, and building relationships with organizations that can provide funding. This will generally involve work with foundations, corporations, businesses, churches, and civic organizations. The Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations will report to the Director of Development and will have specific fundraising goals. This position requires some evening and weekend work to attend functions and meetings. This person will customarily and regularly be engaged away from the office in meetings with organization representatives in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a grant timeline of current and potential funders throughout the year.
- Work with Manager of Major Gifts to determine ask amounts, funding priorities, and make decisions regarding the timeline.
- Write and submit all grants requests prior to deadlines.
- Work with Donor Relations Staff and Executive Director to customize receipt letters and stewardship plan following receipt of funds.
- Submit grant reports and arrange site visits as required by funders.
- Maintain accurate records in Raiser’s Edge for each funding partner.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with foundations, corporations, businesses, churches, and civic groups that have a formal grant process; update Raiser’s Edge with current contact information and develop a formal cultivation/stewardship plan when appropriate.
- Work with Development staff and staff in other departments to determine grant needs and match funders with appropriate projects and programs.
- Work with program staff to oversee data collection and develop outcome measures for grant reporting.
- Research new funding opportunities on the local and national level with the goal of increasing our funding from foundations.
- Manage an intern (when available) to assist with research projects.
- Assist with Development projects and events as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Two-year college degree and two years’ work experience or a four year college degree required.
- Two years of progressively responsible experience in development or specific grant-writing experience is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows work environment, Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Must be able to spend the majority of time sitting, speaking, listening, and/or writing
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds
Charlotte Rescue Mission maintains a Christian working environment as a Christ-centered residential drug and alcohol recovery program where integrity, honesty, concern for others and good team relations play a critical role in the success of the ministry. All employees are expected to share their personal hope of Christ with those they come in contact with in thought, word and deed.
Job descriptions are intended to identify the qualifications, responsibilities and types of duties expected on the job. This job description at the Charlotte Rescue Mission is not intended to be a description of all possible duties, responsibilities or requirements that may be present or encountered in any particular job assignment.
Minimum Education Required