Professional Practice Coordinator
636 I Street Northwest
District of Columbia
PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE COORDINATOR
“The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.” -Steve Jobs
Department: Information & Professional Practice
Supervisor Title: Senior Manager, Professional Practice
Manager, Professional Practice
Status: Full-time, Regular
Nature of the Position: Provides administrative and programmatic support for the ASLA Professional Practice Networks (PPNs), PPN member outreach, and professional practice programs and services.
• Supports the PPN professional development initiatives, including Online Learning, monthly conference calls, member communications, and ASLA Annual Meeting activities
• Administers the PPNs online presence and member outreach including social media, The Field blog, bi-weekly articles for ASLA’s web publication, LAND, and oversees management and regular updating of website content.
• Administers ASLA responsibilities as a LACES approved provider for Online Learning, LATIS, and other professional development initiatives, including processing and reporting on exams and evaluations
• Works with annual meeting staff and PPN members to coordinate annual meeting PPN activities.
• Serves as staff liaison to the Professional Practice Networks Council and other committees, task forces, and/or representatives as assigned.
• Assists with event marketing plans and promotional materials in conjunction with other staff in support of the professional practice programs and services.
• Creates professional practice updates for internal and external communications tools (LAND, E-Express, etc.).
• Assists in meeting management including, developing and preparing materials, sending invitations, coordinating logistics, and other associated tasks for events such as conference calls, webinars, and allied organization events.
• Supports departmental and ASLA-wide planning, performance monitoring, and performance improvement processes and initiatives.
• Upholds the ASLA values and culture.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: BA degree. Preferred degree in English, communications, landscape architecture or related design field helpful.
Skills: Proficiency in verbal, written, and interpersonal communication. Excellent organizational skills, good judgment, and attention to detail. Ability to balance heavy workload with short- and long-term project deadlines, address changing priorities, and work well under pressure. Knowledge of continuing education and volunteer management preferred. Facility with Microsoft Office computer applications required; experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, and Acrobat preferred. Experience with website content editing.
Experience: Two years minimum experience in association or other program administration with writing/editing responsibilities. Must be interested in developing and maintaining a broad knowledge of landscape architects and the landscape architecture profession, especially specialized practice areas and emerging issues.
“Collaboration is at the heart of our work; our operations are transparent and our atmosphere is healthy and fun” -Richard Winston III, ASLA Human Resources Manager
The American Society of Landscape Architects is the national professional association for landscape architects, representing more than 15,000 members in 49 professional chapters and 82 student chapters. The Society has a staff of 50 and annual revenues of $12.9 million. Landscape architects plan livable communities that foster active lifestyles, design green streets that manage stormwater runoff, plan cutting-edge transportation corridors that are safe for all users, and help communities prepare for and recover from natural disasters. Landscape architecture includes both iconic and neighborhood places, including commercial developments, streetscapes, green roofs, parks, civic spaces, memorials, and residential communities. The Society’s mission is to advance landscape architecture through advocacy, communication, education, and fellowship.
ASLA offers an attractive, competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance; a generous 401(k) plan; a comprehensive wellness program; and flexible schedules.
Competitive compensation and benefits package included. ASLA is a conscious leader and employer that values the work-life balance of staff through many inclusive wellness initiatives and professional development programs.
“The quality of life the benefits and work culture provides. My colleagues are also hardworking and wonderful people.” -Melissa Gobrecht, ASLA Chapter Relations and Membership Marketing Manager
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are requested to submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three professional references and a writing sample to HR@asla.org as a part of our standard application process. Please reference “Professional Practice Coordinator” in the subject line of the e-mail.