Details: Commensurate with Experience.
The Director of Development and Membership will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the executive director (ED). This is a tremendous opportunity for a development leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization. The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager who will develop and lead an internal team to support the following areas: individual, corporate and foundation donor engagement, retail partners, grants management, special events, conference sponsorships, membership and related data management. The successful candidate will join a talented staff, enjoy a high-energy flexible work environment, and have the opportunity to work with a large, motivated and very engaged Board of Directors. CRCL’s annual budget is approximately $2 million.
Donor Cultivation and Lead Generation
• Identify and cultivate prospective donors and sponsors, including securing sponsors for CRCL’s biennial State of the Coast conference
• Create and implement strategies for the cultivation and solicitation of a portfolio of major gift prospects, including individual, foundation and corporate donors
• Coordinate Board of Directors fundraising efforts including annual Board Challenge
• Develop and grow our in-kind giving programs
Development Strategy Planning and Execution
• Create and implement a growth plan to increase the total development budget
• Supervise the development of proposals, reports and fundraising materials
• Maintain ongoing communications with, and timely and accurate reporting to, existing donors
• Develop and implement an annual fundraising program
• Develop marketing collateral and donor appeals
• Cultivate grants at both state and national level and oversee grant reporting, working in close partnership with program staff
• Plan and oversee special events
• Represent CRCL at public events
• Manage donor database
Membership Cultivation and Engagement
• Oversee and organize membership program for current and prospective members
• Increase the value of membership by strengthening engagement
• Acquire and analyze data to inform our membership services and growth strategy
• Attract new members and increasing membership retention
• Increase customer satisfaction and average membership contribution
• Contribute to CRCL’s growth strategy that expands our reach and deepens our impact
Organizational Strategy and Support
• Play a key role on the Executive Leadership Team and contribute to developing and achieving the organization’s overall strategic plan and innovation initiatives.
• Cultivate, develop and steward our alliances and partnerships
• Articulate, track and assess progress to development and membership goals and maintain strong operational systems for efficient and effective team execution.
• Cultivate a solid working relationship with our Board, demonstrated by the Board’s continued involvement in fundraising efforts
o BA Required; Business Administration, Communications or related field preferred
o Minimum 5-7 years of development experience, including
▪ Demonstrated record of success building donor relationships and closing gifts
▪ Foundation relationship and grant writing and management experience
▪ Strong understanding of best practices in development
▪ Experience in building strategy in annual giving, membership campaigns, major and planned gift and endowments
▪ Demonstrated experience building effective fundraising capacity within an organization
▪ Working knowledge of the tax laws related to charitable laws of cash, property and securities
Skills / Attributes:
o Strong mission alignment
o Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills with strong public speaking experience.
o Leadership qualities including trustworthiness, self-confidence, ability to delegate and ability to maintain a positive attitude.
o Highly energetic
o Attention to detail and highly organized
o Takes initiative and highly accountable
o Strong ability to multi-task and to work under pressure
o Expertise with donor management software such as Network for Good.
Generous health and retirement benefits provided.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to DevelopmentDirector@crcl.org. Please include in the cover letter your earliest available start date and desired salary for this position.