335 East 111th Street
Employment Coordinator - East Harlem (1 position)
Reporting to the Employment Services Manager, the Employment Coordinator will be an expert in job development to local NYC employers and will conduct job readiness workshops, training that prepares program participants to enter sustainable employment, and job placement assistance to candidates of the Jobs-Plus program.
- Executing dynamic recruitment strategies in collaboration with Community Coaches and other Jobs-Plus team members to attract applicants for open job orders;
- Delivering job readiness preparation trainings as needed, including but not limited to resume upgrades, interviewing prep, and independent job search techniques;
- Researching and developing industry knowledge in key occupations in order to ensure effective matching of candidates to available job orders;
- Facilitating recruitment sessions for each open job order on a daily basis;
- Screening and matching job applicants based on qualifications and requirements discussed with employer and hiring manager;
- Conducting employment assessments to determine candidates’ job readiness level;
- Following up with members regarding job interviews and employment status and documenting in Urban Upbound database;
- Obtaining verification documents from employers and/or members upon placement in a timely manner and using data on a regular basis to manage performance;
- Developing a pool of qualified applicants in advance of hiring needs; and
- Other tasks as assigned by the Employment Services Manager and Urban Upbound leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 years in workforce development or related field required
- Strong project management skills, including managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Internet Research, and social media
- Outcomes-driven, strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform programmatic decisions
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high- paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight and occasional Saturdays
- Passion for social justice
Please note: This position requires time in the field and will require some work days in our Long Island City location.
Sick. Health. Vacation
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Urban Upbound is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. To apply,*
please send *a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate "Jobs-Plus Employment Coordinator” in the subject line.