721 North LaSalle Drive
1. Primarily responsible for providing a variety of legal services to CCLA clients in the areas of law including but not limited to family, housing, consumer and immigration.
2. Works independently and consistently exercises discretion and sound judgment in providing legal counsel to CCLA clients.
3. Represents CCLA clients in court as well as various administrative, regulatory and other legal forums.
4. Drafts all documents required for litigation and participates in all stages of the litigation including formulating and implementing legal strategies.
5. Performs legal consultations both in the office and at advice desks at various Catholic Charities locations throughout Cook and Lake County and other legal services as needed by the Department.
6. Provides support to volunteers and interns on CCLA systems and protocols as well as assists them with legal analysis within their area(s) of expertise.
7. Participates in the Performance Quality Improvement process which includes but is not limited to case reviews.
8. Maintains up to date and accurate client files and databases as required by Agency and departmental policies and procedures, professional standards and external requirements of all relevant regulatory, licensing or accrediting bodies in the course of performing job expectations and responsible for data collection, analysis and reports as assigned.
9. Provides educational seminars for clients of Catholic Charities on various legal issues.
10. Must be fluent in English and Spanish to provide language interpretation for clients with limited English proficiency.
Preferred Requirements: Juris doctorate. Three to four years relevant experience.
Minimum Requirements: Juris Doctorate. One to two years relevant experience.
Other Requirements: Driver’s license.
The Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Chicago is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Minimum Education Required