Details: 2/3rds time
50 Fite Road
The OPUS 40 Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit located in Saugerties, seeks an Executive Director. Architectural Digesthas called Opus 40 “one of the largest and most beguiling works of art on the entire continent.” A 2/3rds time position reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Opus 40’s staff, programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. The ED will initially develop thorough knowledge of core programs, operations, and business plans. The ED works directly with the board and attends board meetings during non-executive sessions. The ED oversees human, financial, environmental, technical operations and such other duties as may be required.
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership & Management:
· Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance, administration, fundraising, communications, services, and systems.
· Recommend time lines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
· Actively engage and inspire volunteers, board members, event committees, alumni, partnering organizations, and funders.
· Serve as ex-officio of each committee, seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations.
· Lead, coach, develop, and retain Opus 40’s staff and ensure effective systems to track scaling progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, donors, and other constituents.
· Design and implement the strategic business planning process for the program operation and growth in conjunction with the board.
· Submit reports and items for the agenda of board meetings on all matters of relevance.
Fundraising & Communications:
· Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and regional expansion.
· Work with the board to create and annual fundraising plan.
· Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
· Develop relationships, cultivation processes, and partnerships with potential donors, community/ political leaders, and other organizations to garner new opportunities.
· Attend events, seminars, conferences and other opportunities to network and promote Opus 40’s mission.
Support for Health Insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required