Details: Competitive DOE
674 South Lafayette Park Place
The National Day Labor Organizing Network (NDLON) improves the lives of day laborers and immigrant workers in the United States. To this end, NDLON works to unify and strengthen its member organizations to be more strategic and effective in their efforts to develop leadership, mobilize, and organize day laborers in order to protect and expand their civil, labor and human rights.
The Finance and Operations Manager oversees and maintains NDLON’s financial operations, office operations, and human resources and is a vital member of our senior management team. S/he reports to NDLON’s Executive Director and works closely with the Co-Development Directors and other senior managers. The Finance and Operations Manager will strengthen and implement the infrastructure and systems needed to support substantial growth over the next five to ten years. S/he will continue to build and manage effective and streamlined financial and administrative systems, including financial, accounting, auditing, human resources, and systems infrastructure.
Financial Management and Business Planning
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Oversee the annual audit process. Ensure the timely and accurate filing of tax returns and Form 990.
- Oversee and lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the Co-Directors of Development and the Executive Director; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
- Using sound judgement and analysis of data and trends both internal and external, the Director must be able to anticipate and react to the need for change, including the development of strategies for growth and expansion.
Human Resources and Administration
- Direct supervision of the Administrative Assistant.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies, and procedures.
- Manage staff benefits programs and payroll.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners, including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization expands.
- Provide direction and guidance in the development and maintenance of robust risk management policies and practices. This includes but is not limited to all insurance and compliance activities, as well as personnel policy adherence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or Finance.
- Minimum 3-years experience in financial management, administration, and human resources ideally in the nonprofit sector.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area
- Ability to translate financial concepts to—and to effectively collaborate with—programmatic colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to NDLON’s mission.
A comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, SIMPLE IRA retirement plan and life insurance. Benefits also include a generous paid time off with paid vacation, sick and holiday leave.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in NDLON’s mission and why you are the best candidate for this position, along with your resume, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Use FOM as your subject line. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Please do not send duplicate materials. Incomplete applications will not be considered. You must have all materials requested and follow instructions provided above to be considered. No phone calls, please.
NDLON is an equal opportunity employer; people of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. NDLON does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ethnic background, religion, political orientation, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or any other protected class.