1950 East 220th Street
Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves, dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them, and outcome-based programs that empower youth to become lifelong learners.
The Director of School Services will be responsible for managing overall operations of school sites with the primary concern for ensuring consistent standards for school sites’ programming and service delivery, supervision and training of staff, facility maintenance/management, community relations and membership administration, etc. Directly supervises school Site Directors and Coordinators. Advises and assists Site Directors/Coordinators in the areas of volunteers, site management, personnel issues, budget development, and programs.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities)
· Provide leadership and direction to Site Directors/Coordinators in the management of their designated sites.
· Frequently visit sites and monitor progress and support needed.
· Ensure an environment that facilitates achievement of Youth Development Outcomes.
· Work with Director’s to oversee and successfully implement matrix management strategies.
· Ensures the development and implementation of a yearly planning process for school sites’ operations and
programs, including the development of annual program objectives.
· Ensures quality improvement of programs by overseeing program evaluations and monthly reports.
· Ensure all school site programs and events comply with LAUSD policies and procedures.
· Compiles monthly school statistical reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
· Serve as a liaison for school sites and keep the VP of Operations advised of activities and needs of sites.
· Ensure administrative and operational systems are in place, overseeing the maintenance and operation of the physical properties and equipment of the Club, including use of facilities by outside groups.
· Recruit, select, manage and provide career development opportunities for staff.
· Manage financial resources, overseeing the development of sites’ annual budgets.
· Control expenditures against approved annual budget; make program expenditure recommendations and budget adjustments to VP of Operations.
· Develop collaborative partnerships with LAUSD personnel, school administrators, civic groups and social service agencies within the community.
· Develops and maintains public relations, promoting and stimulating membership within the school sites. Coordinate all publicity for programs and services within the school sites and the community.
· May participate in special programs and/or events.
· May be required to drive Club van and obtain Class B license.
· May be required to help in other program areas.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/ instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight.
The Boys and Girls Clubs of Carson offers a competitive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration, apply online at www.bgccarson.org/careers. Applicants will be contacted by a hiring manager should they wish to schedule an interview. All submissions must have a Resume and Cover Letter. No phone calls please.