Details: This position offers a competitive non-profit salary and benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
37 West 26th Street
Summary: non-profit Solar One is seeking a driven program associate for Here Comes Solar, its solar technical assistance program which bring the benefits of solar to low-income renters, multifamily cooperatives, and affordable housing in New York City. Here Comes Solar has facilitated more than 250 successful solar installations, and we are growing our team to increase our impact in 2019 and beyond!
The Solar Program Associate will be an integral member of the team, and will complete tasks such as: preliminary solar design, preparing solar savings estimates, and communicating with building owners/decision-makers and community shared solar customers to educate them and help them take the next steps for their solar projects. The Solar Program Associate will also support Community Power; Solar One’s low-income community solar demonstration project which it is developing in partnership with Con Edison and NYCHA. The position includes opportunity for professional growth and learning -- the Solar Program Associate will conduct research, work on strategic projects, and develop skills such as solar energy system design and financial modeling.
- Educating New Yorkers about the benefits of solar energy and encouraging their participation in Solar One’s affordable solar programs.
- Evaluating buildings’ solar energy potential and completing remote solar designs
- Preparing solar financial savings estimates
- Soliciting proposals from solar companies on behalf of participating buildings
- Attending events and meetings to promote Here Comes Solar to potential participants
- Supporting the Community Power low-income community solar demonstration project
- Providing ad hoc program support including research, writing and preparing presentations
Selection Criteria: The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of and/or interest in renewable energy, environmental justice, and NYC multifamily housing. The ideal candidate will have strong critical-thinking skills, project management experience, exhibit leadership, and be an effective communicator capable of managing relationships with colleagues and a high volume of potential program participants. The ideal candidate will be a team player with a passion for Solar One’s mission and a commitment to completing high quality work to ensure the success of their efforts as well as the organization as a whole.
- At least 2 years of relevant full-time professional experience
- Knowledge of solar technology and business models or interest/aptitude to gain this knowledge on the job
- Project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills including in-person, email and phone etiquette
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working in renewable energy or energy efficiency
- Experience working with low-income communities
- Fluency in Spanish or another language spoken widely in New York City
Solar One is proud to have a diverse staff and inclusive workplace. Minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and all qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please email a coverletter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.