Details: The salary range for this position starts at $35,000. Salary is commensurate with experience.
SUMMARY: The Regional Field Organizer will help build a sustainable organizing program by increasing, diversifying, and mobilizing volunteers, members, and activists to advance our multi-year campaign to reform North Carolina’s criminal justice system, as well as other strategic priorities of the ACLU of North Carolina. A member of the policy and advocacy department, the Field Organizer reports to and will be directly supervised by the Field Manager out of the main office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Within their assigned region, the Field Organizer will be responsible for recruiting volunteers, planning and executing events, and building relationships with community leaders. The new Field Organizer position will be based in or around the Wilmington, North Carolina, area and would cover a southeast region (roughly from Robeson County through New Hanover County).
Individuals with experience with the criminal justice system, including formerly incarcerated people, are encouraged to apply.
· Commitment to the mission of the ACLU and the advancement of civil rights and civil liberties for all people.
· Ability to coordinate, lead and supervise groups of activists, members and volunteers
· Experience in community or field organizing.
· Superb organizational skills; detailed-oriented with strong follow-through and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
· Creative, results-oriented, self-starting and willing to learn.
· Attention to measurable goals and results.
· Ability to work some evenings, weekends and irregular hours. Travel throughout the state will be required periodically. Valid driver’s license required (but owning a vehicle is not necessary).
· A commitment to diversity; a personal approach that values the individual and respects differences of race, ethnicity, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, ability, and socio-economic circumstance.
· Track record of building relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including elected officials, activists, and volunteers.
· Excellent written and oral communications skills.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office and database management software, including the VAN.
Excellent medical and dental insurance; disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan with organizational match; reimbursements for travel & phone use; and generous time off policies.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email a letter of application and resume to FieldOrganizer@acluofnc.org and include your last name in the subject line of the email. In your letter, please indicate where you learned of the posting.
Applications will be reviewed beginning the week of July 30, 2018, and will be accepted until the position is filled.
The ACLU of North Carolina is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. The ACLU-NC encourages applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction.