At the Community FoodBank of New Jersey, we employ a dedicated team with diverse talents, backgrounds, and perspectives united by one fundamental belief: that no one in our state should go hungry. Are you ready to make a career move that matters? CFBNJ is looking for passionate individuals to support our mission, enabling the distribution of millions of meals annually to more than 1,000 local community partners throughout 15 counties as we aim to ensure that all of our neighbors have access to the food that they need to lead healthy and active lives. Our team works tirelessly for holistic solutions that connect struggling families with critical resources while addressing hunger's root causes through workforce development and public policy initiatives.
Make a real difference for those in need as a Human Resources Generalist. As a vital member in the fight against hunger, you will receive competitive pay, medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid life insurance, holiday pay, and paid vacation and sick time.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to provide support for managers and employees in employee relations inquires and HR questions related to new hire orientation, benefits, and HR processes. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage HR department email/mailbox inquiries related to CFBNJ Success Manual, benefits, complaint inquiries related to HR policies, training, processes, ensuring timely resolutions and consistent process. Referring more complex questions to HR Director or other HR team members as needed.
- Drive the execution of employee ADP onboarding/offboarding lifecycle, including orientation, new hire checklist, computer-set-up, communication, offboarding, exit interview, and surveys.
- Provide ADP training to the management team and employees on attendance administration and timekeeping for budgetary compliance.
- Manage personnel files to stay in compliance (payroll, I-9 documents, ADP data management, sexual harassment, FLSA, NAICS worker’s comp, and job class).
- Respond to all HR-related letters such as employment verification, confirmation of earnings, garnishments.
- Complete and file all Quarterly Disability Insurance forms for payments.
- Created healthy internal communication strategies to engage office and remote team members in Hillside and Egg Harbor locations. Identify and implement creative new systems to improve employee communication and involvement.
- Manage employee relations to provide guidance to HR Director by investigation and advice on informal and formal grievances development of PIP plans, disciplinary issues, employee assistance referrals.
- Partner with HR Director on monthly reconciliation for all benefits. Oversee routine accounts payable activities for the HR Department, such as processing invoices and preparing payment requests for Finance Department.
- Maintain proper documents in ADP, ensuring regulatory compliance and readiness for yearly audit.
- Directs information of a critical/sensitive nature to the HR Director in a timely and appropriate manner to not jeopardize confidential information or timeliness of response. Serves as back-up for the absence of the HR Director and Team Lead.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field or Business degree with a focus on HR/Employment Law.
- 5+ years substantive experience in employee relations, human resources, with a focus on performance management and compliance.
- Professional certifications pursuit (attainment of HR certifications SHRM-CP) preferred.
- Experience in a fast paced working environment.
- Knowledge and experience in ADP Workforce Now; Onboarding, Terminations, Health Benefits Administration, Payroll, and Leave of Absences.
- Clear understanding of the importance of data integrity and accuracy.
- Able to ask the right questions gather relevant information and craft tailored solutions to balance multiple departments’ needs.
- Comfortable exercising independent judgment and critical thinking in a continuously evolving environment.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly and concisely in verbal and written platforms.
- Accurate and detail orientated with a sense of pride in the final product.
- Excellent ability to build positive relationships at all levels of the organization.
- High integrity and commitment to confidentiality and discretion.