Details: Commensurate with experience
Post Office Box 809
Point Reyes Station
Founded in 1980 by a broad coalition of ranchers, environmentalists, and community leaders, Marin Agricultural Land Trust (MALT) is a member-based nonprofit organization dedicated to permanently protecting Marin County farmland for farming and ranching. We also work with agricultural landowners and public and private partners to support and enhance agricultural viability and sustainability locally and regionally.
MALT’s comfortable office is located just off Highway One in the vibrant community of Point Reyes Station in beautiful West Marin, home to Cowgirl Creamery, Bovine Bakery, and Toby’s Feed Barn. Tomales Bay, Point Reyes National Seashore, and other outdoor wonders are only minutes away. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, health, dental and vision insurance, retirement benefits, family friendly policies, and a commitment to honoring work/life balance. Come join our team of highly motivated and passionate staff who care deeply about our mission and one another.
MALT seeks an energetic communications and development professional to grow our online fundraising and communications programs. The Associate Manager, Online Communications & Fundraising, is responsible for the planning and execution of an online giving program resulting in an expanded base of supporters and increased income.
This full-time position reports to MALT’s Marketing Communications Manager and works in close collaboration with members of the full Development team, of which communications is a vital part. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative.
• In collaboration with Development and Communications staff, plan and execute an online fundraising program, setting and achieving ambitious annual revenue targets;
• Working with the Associate Director of Development and the Marketing Communications Manager, create and manage a calendar for the online fundraising program, supporting the team in accomplishing stated deadlines and goals;
• Serve as MALT’s primary online writer—produce emails, e-appeals, website content, action pages, fundraising pages, and event pages as needed for fundraising, events, and membership campaigns; leverage exiting print publications, e-newsletters, and other communications in support of membership and fundraising goals;
• Work with development staff to implement smart segmenting and targeting for all online communications;
• Help plan and execute a strategy to grow the size and influence of MALT’s membership base and hit monthly base growth and revenue targets;
• Coordinate with program staff to create online communications to advance MALT’s core issues; ensure MALT’s digital campaigning reflects current organizational priorities;
• Design materials that comply with digital best practices and MALT’s message and branding guidelines;
• Manage MALT’s Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube pages, posting relevant and compelling content that expands our online reach and advances our message; manage online event calendars;
• Manage online Donation and Event Registration portals;
• Manage digital asset library, including media, photos, videos, maps, stats, and other data;
• Design and generate monthly fundraising and digital reports, as well as campaign-specific reports, to evaluate the success of online fundraising initiatives;
• Establish online advertising goals and strategies and manage the implementation of online advertising initiatives, including a proactive approach to using our Google AdWords grant;
• Facilitate the update of MALT’s website, with the support of a firm and the Marketing Communications Manager.
• Vendors and consultants, as needed
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 2 years of online fundraising experience
· Knowledge and experience in online communications and fundraising
· Excellent writing skills, especially for a digital environment
· Experience with an eCRM tool desired: Convio, NetCommunity
• Experience implementing email marketing campaigns; HTML, e-newsletter design
• Graphic design and advertising experience a plus
• Experience with Google Ads, Google Analytics, UTM codes
• Experience with database software; Raiser’s Edge, WordPress
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, exceptional interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail
• Self-directed with the ability to work both independently and as a team
This is a full-time, exempt position at MALT’s office in Point Reyes Station. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter in PDF format firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, no walk-ins, no recruiters.
MALT is an equal-opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required