Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
266 West 37th Street
Position Description: Database Manager and Analyst
The Database Manager and Analyst is a full-time employee responsible for the maintenance, inputting and reporting to support Delivering Good’s fundraising and in-kind donation strategy.
- Create queries, dashboards and analytical reports to support all fundraising, marketing and donation processing objectives.
- Oversee the creation of system-generated forms, including but not limited to donation receipts, donation acknowledgment letters and online donation forms.
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Establish a proper reporting structure and distribution of In-Kind and Development Reports.
- Develop efficient methods and formats for measuring, recording, reporting, analyzing and presenting productivity and accuracy rates and trends for all staff engaged in data management.
- Develop Guidelines for inputting data into the system.
- 2 years. Proven working experience as a database manager or business data analyst.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge in working with CRM (Customer Relationship Management), Raiser’s Edge, eTapestry, Salesforce.
- Must have experience with SaaS solutions.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, etc.)
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings.
- BA or BS required, focus in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics desirable.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to coordinate and execute activities with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports.
- Ability to prepare research reports and proposals.
- Through knowledge of computing.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- Non-profit experience is helpful.
Attractive benefits available.
Minimum Education Required