801 St. Paul Street
Assistant Director of Development
JVC engages brave young believers in life-changing service, living and working with those in need
to build a more just and hopeful world. This is no small task. We are looking for passionate,
dedicated, resourceful and creative people to help ignite the message of the Jesuit Volunteer Corps
to prospective volunteers and our loyal supporters.
▪ Develop and implement a comprehensive development plan for the organization, including annual
giving, foundation support, and major and planned gifts.
▪ Work with the President, staff, board, and volunteers, to identify, cultivate, steward and
request annual and multi-year gifts.
▪ Provide guidance and direction to the board and development committee.
▪ Develop moves management process for prospective donors, strategies for engaging with all
constituents, and a stewardship program for major gift donors.
▪ Develop strategies to identify, explore, cultivate, solicit and steward new and existing
low-to-mid-level annual donors and focus on moving them to higher levels of giving.
▪ Manage a robust portfolio of donors by creating and executing strategies for the identification,
cultivation, and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
▪ Cultivate major donors through a series of face-to-face meetings and targeted gift requests for
the Annual Fund and other projects.
▪ Maintain ongoing and active networking with internal and external constituencies.
▪ Represent the organization in the community as appropriate.
▪ Oversee the Development Manager, Data Entry staff, and Grant Writer.
▪ Bachelor’s degree and professional experience in development with a proven record of success in
meeting annual fundraising goals, including experience with major donors and foundations.
▪ Proven success in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding major and leadership gifts.
▪ Experience interacting and building robust relationships with major donors and Board members.
▪ Ability to think collaboratively and strategically, recognize opportunities, identify high return
activities, and prioritize them to attain goals.
▪ Outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication, and problem-solving skills.
▪ Experience working with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
▪ Strong commitment to JVC’s mission.
Applications to this role are to be submitted via email to email@example.com by
attaching a resume and cover letter in PDF or .doc format.
Jesuit Volunteer Corps encourages applications from candidates of all ag s, races, classes, gender
identities, sexual orientations, religions, languages, and physical abilities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Retirement Contributions
- Paid Time Off and Common Holidays
- Mobile Device Reimbursement
Minimum Education Required