420 East 12th Street
University Settlement has been providing a variety of effective and strengths-based community based programs for children. Currently, the Settlement operates after-school programs for students grades K -8th . The Group Leader will be responsible for ensuring the safety and engagement of children. The program will provide academic support; artistic, athletic, cultural, and athletic enrichment; therapeutic services; and opportunities for family involvement. The position requires a creative, energetic, team-building leader committed to providing the highest quality of programming for children and families.
- Ensure the safety and engagement of a group of fifteen or more students through program activities, including snack, homework help and transition.
- Ensure that assistance is provided during homework period
- Serve as a positive role model and uphold professional behavior at all times
- Plan and involve children in a range of multidisciplinary activities, design and implement thematic based lessons.
- Work constructively with partner and other colleagues; communicate regularly with supervisory staff
- Communicate with parents and caregivers regarding progress and problem solving
- Maintain responsibility for designated program supplies and proper use of all facilities, including classrooms
- Complete all necessary documentation and administrative task
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor(s)
- HS Diploma or HSE preferred with child care experience, current enrollment in college is a plus
- Experience working with middle school and grade school population
- Ability to commit for the entire school year
- Must be over 18 years old
- Highly energetic, dynamic, and positive
Hours: 16 hours
Minimum Education Required