Details: Commensurate with experience
Why Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation: Does your work change lives? Does your work bring hope to the people you serve every day? If you join the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation staff team it will!
The Foundation is a dynamic organization serving more than 1.6 million patients through its research programs and a wide array of patient services. Every team member EMPOWERS patients and their families to make informed decisions about their own healthcare, INSPIRES by helping them tell their stories and CONNECTS the community so no one ever has to feel alone in their IBD journey.
How you can help us change lives: Working in partnership with one of the country's most dynamic, progressive voluntary health organizations, you will be an integral part of building the community of patients, families, and business partners at a time when Take Steps is becoming one of the nonprofit sector's fastest growing walk campaigns. As Walk Manager, and guided by senior development professionals, you'll help accomplish our critical mission agenda through developing relationships with volunteer leaders and fundraisers, nurturing corporate partnerships and their creative thinking, which will empower them to succeed.
Together we’ll reach the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's goals for funding our critical mission agenda.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop relationships within the patient and professional community empowering them to tell their stories through direct fundraising
- A successful Walk Manager is one that goes the extra mile to understand the full scope of these diseases and in turn, uses that knowledge to connect with patients in a meaningful way
- Devise and implement an annual engagement plan that includes team, corporate, and volunteer engagement and fundraising strategies
- Identify, recruit, cultivate and lead relationships with volunteers, teams, donors, participants and committees inspiring and supporting them as they develop personal fundraising plans needed for the success
- Ensure overall revenue goal of $ 500,00 is achieved by developing and implementing year-round strategic fundraising plans on all Take Steps walks
- Focused on relationship development, you’ll provide positive customer service to all donors, participants and teams by responding promptly to requests and providing consistent year-round communication
- Create annual operational plan including marketing, budgeting and project management
- Manage logistics to provide an inspirational day-of event experience for corporate partners and participants
- Communicate our shared vision by utilizing national marketing materials. In partnership with senior Walk staff, you’ll develop a marketing and recruitment plan to raise awareness and increase community participation in Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks
- A commitment to provide hope to our patients, professionals and wider community through the Take Steps for Crohn’s & Colitis walks.
- Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally & externally)
- A drive to succeed and a willingness to learn
- A commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency
- BA or BS degree required
- Two years of relevant experience a plus
- Skilled in building and sustaining meaningful relationships
- Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Computer skills including basic data management
- Creative thinker/problem solver
- Independent, self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible to work evenings and weekends as needed
Minimum Education Required