Requisition ID: req2685
Job Title: Benefits Associate
Sector: Human Resources
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: USA-New York, NY - HQ
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world's worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Responsible for the administration and communication of the IRC global benefits programs, focusing on optimization of benefits and wellness plans to attract and retain staff.
- Responsible for the day to day administration and communication of all IRC benefits programs to ensure that health and welfare benefit plans meet quality, cost and employee satisfaction objectives and IRC's overall benefits strategy. Establishes procedures relating to all employee benefit programs and audits for legal compliance of all plans.
- Monitor IRC plans and process management to identify areas for improvement. Research possible solutions and make recommendations to HR management for all changes and/or enhancements to the existing benefits programs and processes.
- Under the supervision of the Senior Benefits Manager, develop, implement and maintain a benefits communication and education program and plan to enhance employee understanding and appreciation of IRC benefit programs. Partner with HR leadership and IRC management to initiate benefits education and orientation sessions; and maintain the accuracy of benefits information on IRC's intranet and other existing materials.
- Administer retirement plans (403(b)), benefits programs, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending. Maintains benefits records. Ensures the accurate and timely payment of monthly vendor bills, and the preparation of benefits related reports. Provides census data for insurance carriers, vendors and senior management.
- Acts as a key liaison to benefit vendors to ensure accurate and seamless administration of benefit plans.
- Primary owner of the benefits call center and ensuring timely responses and accurate information is given to employee. Acts as tier 2 support for employee inquiries regarding benefit plans.
- Administers the leave of absence program in conjunction with federal and statutory regulations. Tracks all leaves and liaises with third party administrators, managers and payroll department.
- Responsible for systems reconciliation and data quality across all benefit systems, internal and external.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Global Benefits and Compensation, 4B / Senior Benefits Manager, 5B
Other Internal and/or external contacts: HR and HQ leadership, Regional Directors, DRDOs, CDs, DDO, Finance, IT and other external benefit vendors
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Maximum of five (5) years of experience in human resources and/or benefits administration.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Excel, HRIS software and related reporting tools.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Proactive mindset and takes initiative; Attention to detail and understanding of quality review process.
- Experience with business process design/continuous improvement
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), preferred not required.
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (preferred) in:
o Affordable Care Act
o DOL Requirements
o Employee Retirement Income Security Act
o Federal Requirements & State Requirements
- Experience with Workday HRIS
Working Environment: Standard work environment
Minimum Education Required