2251 Garrett Road
Job posted by: Amnion Pregnancy Center
Expand the financial base of support for the ministry through making individual donor contacts, building church and organizational relationships, and overseeing Amnion's fundraising events and campaigns.
This is a half-time position at present (25-30 hours per week).
Reports to: Executive Director
Major Responsibilities and Expectations
- Expand the financial base to enable Amnion to grow into a new level of ministry effectiveness.
- Maintain contact with donors and supporting organizations on a regular basis including development of e-marketing strategies and materials such as brochures and newsletters.
- With Executive Director, develop and maintain a comprehensive development plan with critical operating tasks, milestones and goals for:
- Individual Donors
- Church Relationships and Support
- Other Income Opportunities
- Use computer software to identify trends, support planning and decision-making and provide timely reports as needed to Amnion Board and management.
- With Executive Director, identify suitable grant and foundation funding sources and assist with preparing applications in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide oversight and direction for all fundraising activities and events, working closely with staff and volunteers in planning and execution.
- Develop an overall comprehensive special events plan to include: Preparing a budget and timeline for each event; securing venues and negotiate contracts; recruiting volunteers and organizing staff; evaluating events for future improvements.
- Seek ways of promoting and supporting the overall mission of Amnion by being a strong member of the team and contributing to the success of others in their assigned roles.
- Seek opportunities to grow both personally and professionally.
- Understanding of and demonstrated personal commitment to Amnion's Statement of Faith, Mission and Core Values.
- Previous work experience in fundraising, including event planning and coordination, donor development and fundraising campaign coordination.
- Some familiarity with grant writing and the foundation community is helpful.
- Technical savvy, including working knowledge of current software and e-marketing tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including demonstrated ability to build and nurture relationships with prospective or potential donors.
- Work with limited supervision, while demonstrating a strong degree of collaboration as a member of the organizational team.
- Exhibit skills in planning, administration, negotiating and communications.
- Highly detail oriented person with strong multi-tasking capacity and flexibility.
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours as needed to meet goals and work with schedules of donors and granting agencies.
- Strong goal oriented and a "make it happen" person who respects and honors others.
How to apply
To apply for this position, email a cover letter and resume to Melanie Parks, Executive Director, at email@example.com
The mission of Amnion Pregnancy Center is to encourage women, men, and families to choose life when confronted with unintended pregnancy, to provide hope and healing to those suffering from past abortions, and to encourage adolescents to form healthy relationships by saving sexual intimacy for marriage.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume with cover letter to Melanie Parks, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org