43 Foundry Ave
EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT CENTER (EDC)
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work. Minorities, veterans, individuals with disabilities, candidates with lived experience of marginalized populations or lived experience in the communities we seek to serve, and nontraditional candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
EDC is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) has an opening for a Grants and Contracts Administrator I. This is an office position located in our Waltham, Massachusetts headquarters. Relocation expense reimbursement is not available for this position. The Office of Sponsored Programs has primary responsibility for proposal review, processing of awards received by EDC and administering subawards and other agreements related to sponsored programs.
The Grants and Contracts Administrator I plays an important support role in teaming with senior OSP staff in all aspects of pre- and post-award administration of EDC programs, with a special focus on proposal processing, updating the sponsored programs database and the creation and administration of subawards and vendor/consulting agreements.
The person in this position is expected to communicate clearly and courteously; to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, consultants, collaborators, co-workers, field sites, and funders; and to work respectfully with EDC colleagues. The job requires adherence to EDC policies & procedures.
The Grants and Contracts Administrator I
• Works with senior OSP staff to manage proposal routing and review, with special focus on accuracy of budget preparation and calculations
• May serve as liaison with program teams for specific tasks
• Assists in the documentation of OSP work processes, policies, procedures and guidelines as requested
• Using OSP reporting tools, runs and reviews reports on project and subcontract status, working with senior OSP staff to identify and carry out administrative actions for projects; develops new or revised reports as required
• Responsible for primary data entry and quality control of EDC’s grants and contracts database, SOPHIA, which supplies critical business information to the financial systems and EDC staff
• Maintains project and proposal electronic files as needed and manage overall documentation needs
• Responds to frequent requests for documentation and information from project, center and finance and administrative staff, involving senior OSP staff as needed
• Collects and organizes proposal materials, subaward request forms and other forms to prepare them for institutional review and sign-off
• Develops and maintain up-to-date knowledge of Federal and non-Federal grant and contract regulations, with an emphasis on proposal guidelines and systems along with EDC’s policies and procedures
• Participates in gathering documentation for EDC’s annual audit
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned by OSP Director or Assistant Directors
• Assists with Institutional Review Board (IRB) activities as required
• Reviews consulting agreements
• Drafts agreements based on departmental templates
• Contributes to library of documents and templates stored on shared Office 365 site
• Collects Sub Recipient Monitoring documentation
This position requires educational achievement; excellent writing skills; demonstrable initiative, creativity, and flexibility; ability to work independently and effectively in groups; and strong interpersonal & organizational skills. Specific requirements:
• A detail-oriented approach and the demonstrated ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organization, time management and communication skills
• Strong mathematical and spreadsheet skills
• Exceptional writing skills
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications, especially Word, Excel, and Office 365
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3 years related business experience
• Experience with database applications preferred
• Willingness to work effectively in teams, possessing the highest standards of accuracy, a desire to learn, the ability to adjust to constantly changing priorities with a friendly and professional approach will contribute to success in this position
• Experience with proposals and grant and contract award procedures, especially with USAID and international donors preferred.
• Lived and/or professional experience in cross-cultural settings preferred
• Fluency in a second language, especially Spanish or French, preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume.
EDC, 43 Foundry Ave, Waltham, MA 02453
No phone calls, please
EDC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce and ensuring an equitable and highly inclusive work environment. EDC is a smoke-free workplace, and offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required