303 Haverhill Street
DIRECTOR OF DONOR CULTIVATION
JOB TITLE: Director of Donor Cultivation for Mission Advancement
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Full Time
REPORTS TO: President
ABOUT NOTRE DAME CRISTO REY HIGH SCHOOL (NDCR) www.ndcrhs.org:
Established in 2004, NDCR is a private, Catholic, college preparatory high school based in Lawrence,
Massachusetts serving 290 economically disadvantaged youth. NDCR is part of the Cristo Rey Network, a growing association of 35 schools across the United States whose education model is built around the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), a unique and highly successful partnership with the business community developed by the Jesuits. Through the CWSP, each of our student works five full days per month during the academic year at one of 75 companies throughout the Merrimack Valley, I-93/495 corridors, and southern New Hampshire.
OUR MISSION AND VISION:
In the tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School provides a Catholic, affordable, culturally sensitive, college preparatory education enhanced by professional work experience for young men and women from families with limited income. NDCR is known for graduating confident, academically successful students who are spiritually rooted, intellectually curious, active community and global citizens and college graduated leaders.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Goodness of God · Education for Life · Integrity · Respect · Family · Community
Main Roles to Include:
• Relationship building and cultivation of existing and new donors at NDCR to meet/exceed yearly fundraising goal.
• Create a strategy for identifying “why” donors give and if NDCR is fulfilling their “why.”
• Mining and research of existing donor database with the objective of becoming a trusted charity of choice and increasing giving amounts according to needs set in fundraising plan.
• Creation of donor profiles with strategies for increased revenue potential.
• Small to mid-level donor research ($5,000-$24,999) to set up meetings for President and/or Founder. President and/or Founder should be brought in for major donor potential $25,000+.
• Work with President on best practices and strategies for cultivation of new and existing donors.
• Work with CWSP Executive Director to maximize benefits of jobs and donations to the school.
• Work collaboratively with and in support of the Mission Advancement Team.
Other roles within specific areas of revenue generation in department:
Notre Dame Fund:
• Annual Appeal – generate strategies in conjunction with the Mission Advancement Team for “what to ask and how” within segmented donor database; work with Marketing and Communication Director on implementation.
• Manage thank-a-thons with students and Board members
• Work with Marketing and Communications Director and the Mission Advancement Team on messaging for specific groups
• Research existing scholarships; identify areas of growth and potential for additional scholarships.
• Coordinate contact between scholarship donors and student recipients.
• In collaboration with the Mission Advancement Team maintain communication with scholarship donors.
Fundraising Events in collaboration with the Mission Advancement Team:
• Assist Marketing and Communications Director with events by providing revenue goals, target demographic for new donor leads and audience profiles for existing donors, contact lists and budget for events – MarCom manages all event logistics.
• Establish and/or work with Gala committee members on strategies for donor fundraising.
• Develop a process with targeted donors for inclusion before, during and after events.
• Work with CWSP Executive Director and President on strategic ways of targeting CWSP Partners for sponsoring events.
• Work with President and CFO to ensure proper management of department budget.
• Oversee the Dashboard process with the Mission Advancement Assistant.
Other tasks to include:
• Attend weekly leadership team meetings, provide department updates, support leadership team goals and objectives for the school.
• Lead weekly department meetings including agenda, facilitation and recap emails.
• Prepare reports for the Board of Directors; attends Board meetings at the President’s request.
• Attend all meetings of the Development Committee of the Board of Directors.
• Perform other tasks as assigned by the President.
• Passion for the mission, vision and values of Notre Dame Cristo Rey.
• Team player who possesses a willingness to work with members of the Mission Advancement Team, Leadership Team and other departments within the school.
• Demonstrate excellent writing and communication skills.
• Possess excellent social and organizational skills.
• Self-starter who is a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing five figure range donations.
• Demonstrate proven experience, success and knowledge of development, including gift solicitations, stewardship and donor recognition.
• Possess the abilities to initiate, analyze, monitor and evaluate a Strategic Advancement Plan.
• Participate in school events.
• Serve as a representative of the school in public settings.
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Development or a comparable position.
• Experience working on capital campaigns preferred, but not required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Susan Marquis, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required