District of Columbia
The Video Production Fellow will be responsible for creating compelling, story-driven video content to advance NPCA’s policy and advocacy goals as well as to celebrate a century of park protection victories. We’re looking for an expert storyteller who can find exciting new ways of connecting Americans with the history, nature, and culture embodied by national parks and public lands. This position is based in our Washington DC office, but fellow should expect up to four trips to NPCA field offices and parks to capture photos and footage for creative projects.
Working with communications, program, and field staff, the video production fellow will identify opportunities for video storytelling and develop projects from concept to distribution.
Possible projects include:
· Short videos designed almost exclusively for distribution on social media. This could include explainers, updates from events, or campaign activities. Fellow would be responsible for identifying opportunities and working with Social Media Manager to determine the appropriate content and distribution methods.
· Short issue-oriented videos for use on NPCA webpages. These would largely be introductory or complementary pieces designed to last for the duration of a given advocacy campaign.
· Brand awareness videos that highlight NPCA as an organization and promote us as leaders in the conservation field. Examples might include short loops to be played at events or for our corporate partners to distribute.
· In-depth case studies or retrospectives on NPCA’s work to tell longer stories.
· Re-cutting and updating archival video to make them relevant to current events.
· Live event streaming.
Fellow will also be responsible for scripting and storyboarding NPCA’s original video products, sourcing ancillary content such as B-roll and music, as well as managing relationships with relevant vendors.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit our website at www.npca.org for a full job description. Qualified applicants please submit your resume and cover letter directly online to www.npca.org under "Careers". No emails or phone calls please. NPCA is an EOE.
To apply now, click on the link below: