Details: Competitive salary
The Accounts Payable & Payroll Administrator is responsible for the accurate recording and processing of payments and processing of payroll. The finance department is a team of five people, led by the CFO.
- Manage the accounts payable module of the general ledger system, including data integrity, batch processing and voiding
- Maintain vendor records in accounting system. Review payment requests to ensure coding aligns with proper general ledger account, funding source, department and program.
- Review payment requests for correct approvals and sufficient backup.
- Enter invoices into accounting software ensuring consistency and accuracy.
- Prepare all checks and transmit payments to vendors.
- Maintain vendor records in accounting system; ensure documentation including W-9s are completed for each new vendor. Maintain vendor files including payment information, invoices, contracts and purchase orders.
- Prepare and file annual 1099 forms.
- Manage the corporate credit card program ensuring employees file monthly credit card reports and credit card is paid in a timely manner.
- Assist in year-end audit.
- Add new employees and update employee data in payroll system including withholdings, 403b, FSA, health and transit deductions.
- Update benefits master spreadsheet and reconcile transit and FSA withholdings.
- Create annual schedule mapping each week’s overtime to a pay date. Calculate overtime and vacation payouts from time sheets.
- Run semi-monthly payroll.
- Ensure 457b and 403b payments are made no later than two weeks following payroll.
- Create journal entries for each payroll and 403b payment.
- Enter group life liability in December payroll.
- Prepare annual vacation accrual liability.
- Distribute pay stubs.
- Review contribution reports weekly; reconcile with online banking and book contributions. Deposit and book contributions made by check.
- Deposition rent payments and update rent schedule.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in a business-related field preferred
- 3-5 years accounting or bookkeeping experience with emphasis in accounts payable;
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel
- Experience with accounting system; Financial Edge preferred
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, efficient, and professional
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to deal with difficult and sensitive issues with a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to work with staff at all levels, as well as with outside vendors and consultants
- Non-profit experience desirable
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Frequently sits for long periods of time
- Frequently speaks, reads, writes and uses a computer keyboard
- May require occasional standing, walking, lifting, stooping, bending, moving files
This job description is not intended to represent a complete, comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities that may be required in this position. There may be unplanned activities and other duties as assigned.
Competitive salary and generous benefits, including health insurance, a retirement plan, and paid time off.
Level of Language Proficiency
Three to five years accounting or bookkeeping experience with emphasis in accounts payable is required. Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s Degree in a business-related field is preferred. Must have strong PC skills, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience with accounting system Financial Edge is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, and salary expectations as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "AP Payroll" and where you saw the posting in the subject line, by 10/5/18. For additional information on the position visit www.openspaceinstitute.org. No phone calls please.