115 West 31st Street
The Youth Development Specialist will be responsible for the planning, development and coordination of all educational and recreational activities for the site.
- Responsible for the planning, development and coordination of all educational/recreational activities for the program;
- Establish schedules and ensures that the information is posted and distributed to the clients;
- Collaborate with the Department of Education, Community Organizations and other City programs that provide free and/or low cost educational/recreational activities in order to ensure that the families are given the opportunity to participate in activities offered these entities;
- Collaborate with other WIN departments to organize special events for holiday celebrations reflecting the racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of our families;
- Participate in case conferences and staff meetings as required by program;
- Develop after school programming;
- Prepare and complete required documentation to support and track activities of clients;
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and orders supplies as needed;
- Ensures that the recreation rooms are well maintained, clean and organized;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor and Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Two (2) years of similar experience working with children and young adults
- CPR /First Aide Certification required
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact in a supportive and nurturing manner with both children and parents
- Ability to work evenings and occasional weekends as required
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 403B Retirement
- Direct Deposit
- Flexible Spending Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Commuter Transit Check
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual in English and Spanish helpful
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please visit...