133 SW 2nd Ave., Suite 200
The Oregon League of Conservation Voters is seeking a dynamic, detail-oriented individual to join our staff as a full-time Administrative Assistant/Office Manager.
About OLCV: OLCV is Oregon’s leading environmental political group. OLCV runs aggressive campaigns to elect pro-environment leaders, holds elected officials accountable for their votes on environmental issues, and works with a broad coalition to pass pro-environment laws.
Job Description: The Administrative Assistant works with the Executive Director and OLCV staff to manage general operations, provide support to the office team, manage our membership database, and other administrative tasks that ensure the smooth functioning of the office. This position reports to the Executive Director. Primary duties include:
· Provide executive support to Executive Director and Board of Directors
· Manage and maintain database, sustaining donor program, and donations
· Prepare and send thank-you letters and renewal notices
· Manage data entry and double-checking process, including logging incoming mail and donations
· Prepare bank deposits and process check requests
· Help Executive Director with accounts payable and receivable, in-house accounting, and external accounting reports, and assisting accountants with payroll and bookkeeping information
· Manage general human resources responsibilities, such as new employee onboarding
· Assisting Communications Coordinator with online communications and large monthly fundraising mailers
· Assist Development Director with all external events, particularly large annual event
· Ensure smooth functioning of the OLCV office by ordering supplies, answering phones, planning and managing internal events, and assisting all departments with special projects and assignments as they arise
Qualifications: This is an entry-level position. However, the successful candidate will have:
· A strong personal commitment to the environment and to OLCV’s mission
· Excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to learn
· Ability to be both a self-starter and a team player, as well as a hard worker
· Strong organizational skills
· Eye for detail and accuracy
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with databases
Location: OLCV’s office is in downtown Portland – 133 SW 2nd Ave, Suite 200, Portland, OR 97204.
Compensation: Starting at $29,000 annually. OLCV also has a generous holiday, vacation, sabbatical, and retirement package, as well as full health/dental/vision benefits.
Process: OLCV will begin processing resumes as submitted. Please submit a resume and cover letter via email addressed to OLCV Executive Director Doug Moore at email@example.com. No phone calls please. The cover letter should summarize relevant experience and why you are interested in the position.
OLCV is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from women and people of color are encouraged.
OLCV has a generous holiday, vacation, sabbatical, and retirement package, as well as full health/dental/vision benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
OLCV will begin processing resumes as submitted. Please submit a resume and cover letter via email addressed to OLCV Executive Director Doug Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. The cover letter should summarize relevant experience and why you are interested in the position.