The Southern Poverty Law Center Talent team is hiring for a paid, full-time internship. We are a small but rapidly growing team. As such, the intern will have access to and work alongside all members of the organization, from the most senior to most junior Team members. The intern will participate in key meetings and will have the opportunity to take on mini-projects of their own connected to larger team deliverables.
The intern will complete projects and special assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities and monitoring progress. The intern should be confident, well organized, mature and bring a range of additional skills, from research and analysis, to writing and content management. A willingness to take initiative and a drive to learn would be especially advantageous.
- Passion for our mission: You care deeply about work force, social justice, and inclusive training/hiring related issues;
- Comfort with a blank canvas: You feel you can thrive in an environment with ambiguity, and you are excited about the opportunity to build an initiative from scratch. You’re hard working, and bring grit and resolve to your work;
- People-Centered Approach: You enjoy engaging with people and have a talent for building and managing strong relationships that achieve outcomes. You are an excellent listener who can build rapport with people from diverse backgrounds and perspectives and use a human-centered design approach to your work;
- Clear Communication: You have exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into simple and engaging terms with your audience in mind;
- Tech-Savvy and Organized: You are comfortable using digital tools like the Microsoft Office Suite, Twitter and Facebook. You are highly organized and can handle multiple and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience: You have proven experience in results-oriented relationship management and demonstrated strong project management skills and ability to think critically and creatively, work independently, take initiative and problem solve.
Not required, but we would love to know if you also have any of the following skills:
- Database/Data Analysis
- Graphic Design
- Website Design
- Software Development
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
Minimum Education Required