Full Time Temporary
2800 S. Massachusetts St.
Seattle Nativity School is a Catholic, Jesuit-endorsed STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) middle school seeking to break the cycle of poverty through education that nourishes souls and ignites leaders for love and service. The school opened its doors in September of 2013 to its first class of 6th graders. Seattle Nativity School serves youth in 6th through 8th grades who qualify for free or reduced lunch, offering a challenging and supportive learning environment to motivated students of all faiths.
Nativity requires that all students attend a 3-week summer academic program from July 2nd through July 20th. The program operates on a half-day schedule, starting at 7:30am and ending at 1:00pm. The program will take place on both Nativity’s and Seattle Preparatory School’s campuses.
The mathematics teacher will provide instruction to students based on a scope and sequence that is informed by test data and the regular school year teacher’s curriculum.
• Ability to write creative and meaningful lessons aligned to a given objective.
• Ability to work proactively, collaboratively, inclusively, and respectfully with others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with diverse students and communities facing economic and social challenges.
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree.
• Demonstrate a commitment to social justice.
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance as well as ongoing Safe-Environment Training with the Seattle Archdiocese.
All teachers are compensated with a competitive stipend.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to apply
Interested candidates please send resume and cover letter to: Mr. Edward Nelson, Principal, email@example.com.