Senior Data Analyst, Department of Community-Based Programs
Position Available:Senior Data Analyst, Department of Community-Based Programs
The Family Health Centers at NYU Langone is the largest federally qualified health center network in New York State, and the second largest in the nation. Our network includes nine primary care sites, an extensive network of school-based health centers and dental clinics and shelter-based health centers, the nation's largest dental residency program, and New York State's largest behavioral health program. The organization is deeply invested in addressing the social determinants of health, offering a wide array of education and human service programs for community residents through its Department of Community-Based Programs.
The Senior Data Analyst will provide leadership for the data analyst team, assuring a consistent focus on data tracking, program performance measurement and quality assurance for the Department of Community-Based Programs.
- Manage Efforts to Outcomes (ETO), the primary client service database and reporting system used by FHC at NYU Langone’s community-based programs, including standard and custom features
- Manage daily activities of departmental Data Analyst(s) and related Data staff, including daily assignments, supervision, and training
- Design custom data collection methods and reporting structures to monitor goals and outcomes in collaboration with program management
- Synthesize and summarize data for funding reports and internal use
- Support and maintain the use of databases and IT systems required by funders (e.g. ASISTS), including supervising data entry, reviewing data reports, and troubleshooting
- Assist in the transition of new programs into using ETO, COPA and other data systems
- Assist in management and troubleshooting for programs using in-house data systems (e.g. ETO, Qualtrics, Excel)
- Perform quality assurance for internal and external reports
- Provide training and support to staff on data systems as needed
- Manage relationships with external vendors (e.g. ETO) as needed
- Act as an internal champion and resource for data collection, management, and reporting tools and systems, and identify creative ways to help staff do their jobs more efficiently and effectively using relevant technology
- Bachelor’s degree. Master’s preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Data Analyst or similar position.
- Experience with or interest in non-profit organizations
- Interest in working with programs that serve vulnerable populations, and a desire to facilitate improved client outcomes through data collection and use
- High level ability in MS Excel, and ability to learn and adapt new software quickly are a must
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Ability to tailor data-related concepts for diverse stakeholders, ranging from program staff to external technical vendors
- Prior experience with web-based CRM (client relationship management) system, especially Efforts to Outcomes
Optional but preferred:
- Experience with programming (e.g. VBA, SQL), writing queries, and/or business intelligence reports in data warehouses (e.g. SAP, business objects web intelligence reports)
- Familiarity with Salesforce and/or EPIC a plus
- Some experience or knowledge of statistics and statistical software packages a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume as a single document via email to Michelle Currie, Director of Community Benefit Evaluation, email@example.com.