Details: Full time and part time positions available - benefits applicable to full time employment only. Hourly range will be between &17.00/hr - $20.00/hr
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to change lives and create safe, healthy communities by providing a support and advocacy network for, and comprised of, formerly incarcerated men and women to accomplish this mission. ARC advocates for fair policies in the juvenile and criminal justice systems and provides a supportive network of reentry services to formerly incarcerated individuals. ARC currently serves more than 500 formerly incarcerated individuals across two offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento, with an annual budget of $5.5 million. Learn more at www.antirecidivism.org.
ARC is seeking a Program Monitor to work the overnight shift at our 80 bed Life Skills program, part of a Fire Training Program in conjunction with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation and CAL FIRE, located in Ventura County. We are hiring several positions for a number of different shifts (weekdays, weekends, holiday coverage). This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level candidate to work at a unique pilot program for formerly incarcerated individuals. This position will monitor the activities and movement of program participants while working with Case Workers, Job Developers, and program partners to support the delivery of services. This position will also provide administrative support for the program by conducting and documenting facility checks, performing data entry and communicating in writing each night to the next shift, and the team. There will also be elements of group facilitation as well as supporting participants on community outings, appointments, and ARC events. Driving a program vehicle will be necessary. Experience with the criminal justice population is considered an asset, along with passion and commitment to social justice reform.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Monitor participant activities after hours, weekends, and holidays.
· Conduct regular facility checks and provide corroborating documentation.
· Administer on-site drug screening as needed.
· Ensure all visitors to the property are supervised, verified and documented in visitation logs.
· Provide support to group facilitation.
· Maintain positive relations with program partners.
· Transport participants to and from appointments/ARC functions.
The Program Monitor position is entry level. Applicants should have some familiarity with formerly incarcerated individuals and/or lived experience. This person must have good boundaries while offering emphathetic support to program participants. Experience at a residential program is a plus.
The Program Monitor will have the following experience and attributes:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Possess good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
· Be at least 21 years of age.
Benefits apply to full time position - both full and part time positions available.
- Salary $17.00/hr – $20.00/hr range depending on experience.
- ARC pays 75% medical/dental/vision benefits for individual; 50% for dependents for full-time positions.
- 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid sick days.
Minimum Education Required