Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
One Bulfinch Place
As a member of the Make-A-Wish® Massachusetts and Rhode Island team, this position supports the organization’s overall goal to advance towards fulfilling the wish of every eligible child. As a member of the Development Operations team, this position manages several key donor-centric areas for efficiency and effective stewardship and operation. In conjunction with the Development team, these areas include: donor acknowledgments, donor communications, prospect research, and supporting development initiatives through preparing donor solicitations and stewardship materials.
- Strategizes and executes on overall donor relations in partnership with Director and in support of Development fundraising initiatives.
- Manages donor stewardship processes and tracking which include: donor letters, wish sponsorship acknowledgments, donor recognition and cultivation efforts, and coordination of reports and materials in support of gift officers.
- Monitors and reviews acknowledgment letters for accuracy, timing, and personalization.
- Writes personalized donor acknowledgment letters, refreshes template letters annually, and creates copy for solicitations.
- Manages Annual Appeal campaign including: contributes to content creation of solicitation package, mailing list preparation and segmentation, and generation of personalized letters.
- Researches, writes, and tracks grant proposals.
- Writes and/or edits development copy for publications as needed in partnership with Communications.
- Coordinates timely and inspiring materials, including wish stories, for wish sponsors.
- Partners with Communications in designing donor materials as needed.
- Develops and produces donor stewardship materials and gift recognition items.
- Conducts data mining and prospect research as appropriate.
- Performs other duties and projects as required or assigned.
Excellent benefits and work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter, writing sample (5 pages or less in the form of development-related communications, e.g., fundraising appeals, donor correspondence, campaign materials or collateral, funding proposals), and resume to:
Donor Relations Manager Search Committee
Make-A-Wish Massachusetts and Rhode Island
One Bulfinch Place, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02114
(617) 367-1059 (fax) or firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please.