Full Time Contract
Details: $50.00 per hour
1012 14th St. NW
District of Columbia
The Corporate Partnership Consultant is responsible for building sustainable funding and engaging corporate partnerships to help achieve the Syrian American Medical Society Foundation’s annual fundraising goals. The Consultant will work to achieve a corporate sector revenue goal of obtaining $1 million (USD) in corporate donation revenue for SAMS Foundation in Calendar Year 2018. The successful candidate will have experience building transformative relationships through diligent outreach and follow-up, effective written and oral communication skills, and a proven track record of meeting and exceeding goals associated with closing significant corporate donations.
The Consultant will work to achieve a corporate sector revenue goal of obtaining $1 million USD in corporate donation revenue for SAMS Foundation in Calendar Year 2018, with SAMS Foundation in receipt of 30% of $1 million USD by SAMS on or before August 31, 2018. Efforts to focus on US-based corporations, with a strong Social Responsibility Platform and to include those corporations with open solicitation periods.
· Work closely with the Fundraising and Development Manager to strategize, set, communicate, and implement all plans, processes, and goals around corporate fundraising;
· Research and scan media sources for potential corporate funders and locate those with the best strategic fit for the Syrian American Medical Society Foundation;
· Research, write, and create grant proposals, letters, presentations, sales collateral, including dynamic presentations to same audiences, including strategizing, pitching customized partnership opportunities;
· Cultivate one-on-one relationships with corporate donors, to include meeting in-person with a minimum of two corporate donor prospects per week;
· Maintain and track a strategic moves management plan to direct and monitor the progress of corporate donor prospects, including weekly reporting.
· Contribute to and participating in regular donor pipeline meetings.
· Report on weekly basis on results of strategic initiatives.
Communication: clearly articulates information and ideas orally and in writing; inspires diverse audiences through compelling, tailored messaging; communicates with confidence and credibility; listens carefully and is responsive to feedback.
Executes to Results: accomplishes tasks on time with high quality; accepts accountability and takes initiative; designs and plans to work to achieve desired results; prioritizes work and multitasks effectively; delegates responsibilities and holds others accountable.
Problem Solving and Decision Making: applies knowledge, experience, creativity, and critical thinking in solving challenges; looks beyond the obvious for answers; uses sound judgment to make well-informed, ethical decisions.
Relationship Development: uses interpersonal interactions to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes and advance SAMS Foundation’s mission; demonstrates personal presence and confidence when working with partners.
Team Collaboration & Leadership: values individual perspectives and encourages sharing of information and ideas; provides inspirational leadership that mobilizes diverse groups towards achieving goals; builds systems and structures to facilitate collaboration across the organization.
Resource Catalyst: generates commitments of time, resources, and advocacy from a broad range of City Year stakeholders; leverages personal networks on behalf of City Year.
Additional Required Experience and Qualities Needed
· Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in corporate/foundation fundraising or sales with proven sales record, partnership development, communications, nonprofit, and/or client account management
· Experience stewarding a portfolio of corporate and foundation partners
· Ability to work the flexible hours demanded of a deadline-driven position
· Strong initiative and ability to work independently to achieve goals
· Demonstrated ability to develop effective strategies and drive an efficient process to implement strategy
· Proficiency in crafting strong, persuasive promotional and sales materials, decks, one-pagers, etc.
· Efficient time management skills: ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects
· Demonstrate a willingness to work as and be a strong and collaborative team member
· Passion for education and youth development
· Ability to thrive in diverse, youthful, high energy, entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Minimum Education Required