The Women's Fund of Central Ohio is seeking a Marketing & Communications Manager to join our team. Does the below describe you? If so, we encourage you to apply!
You are enthusiastic and a natural communicator. You are simultaneously fun and focused. You – and your work – often get noticed because of your engaging ways. With your ability to bring together unusual combinations of ideas and people, you create experiences for people to feel included and want to engage more.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you are responsible for daily routine marketing efforts, special projects, and implementation of shared, owned, earned, and paid media. With a go-with-the-flow personality and strong creative sense, you value deadlines and have a strength for prioritizing. You are passionate about getting the word out, you seek out and respond quickly to opportunities, and you are ready and willing to create solutions.
With your skill of being resourceful and in-tune with current events, you will be responsible for curating and creating content for the website, social media platforms, blogs and e-newsletters. You will manage and execute website, e-mail marketing campaigns and media campaigns and outreach. With your love for bringing stories to life, you will help drive elements of The Women’s Fund’s signature events. Throughout the year you will be engaged in all aspects of the work.
You will be a contributing member to a dynamic, high-performing team with an optimistic and results-oriented approach. As a part of The Women’s Fund, you will work collaboratively with all team members. You take initiative and are proactive in your approach to projects. You will continually work to increase efficiency - looking for ways to save time and maximize resources. All team members contribute to the work of The Women’s Fund to disrupt rigid gender norms with an understanding of intersectionality for the sake of social change for women and girls. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Communications.
- In partnership with the Director of Strategic Communications, help create, coordinate and implement a strategic communications plan.
- Drive external awareness across all communications efforts.
- Curate and produce content for external purposes to tell the stories of The Women’s Fund in print, online and through events.
- Create and coordinate event, program, and marketing messaging throughout the year.
- Manage and implement digital, web, and social media presence to ensure consistency in tone, brand, and updates, including generating, editing and publishing engaging content daily.
- Set specific objectives for social platforms/campaigns, monitor metrics and report on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Develop media pitches and conduct outreach to media.
- Apply appropriate social media trends that elevate The Women’s Fund presence and align with the values of the organization.
- Build and cultivate relationships with media, designers, videographers, communications consultants, and key influencers.
- Create and edit media and other communications materials daily.
- Ensure the consistency of brand messaging internally and externally.
- Lead special projects, with input from the Director of Strategic Communications.
- Other duties as assigned and unassigned.
- 3 years marketing and communications experience
- Media savvy – traditional and social
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Solid knowledge of digital analytics and KPIs
- Web management and email platform experience
- Technology savvy and innovative
- Ability to prioritize, high organization skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Impeccable follow-through
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a small, dynamic team
- Ability to complete assignments independently, professionally, and in a timely manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Website, and others), and experienced with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop
- Commitment to the mission of The Women’s Fund
- Working with designers and videographers
- Working with community leaders and influencers
- Journalism and/or writing
- Event production
WHY WORK FOR THE WOMEN’S FUND OF CENTRAL OHIO?
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and passionate culture
- Supportive office culture that encourages maximizing authentic strengths
- Energetic work environment that encourages everyone to grow personally and professionally in order to deepen the work of The Women’s Fund
- Everyone works as a collective and has a vested interested in the growth and success for other members of the team
- Opportunity to work for an organization and with a team that is creating and driving social change for women and girls in central Ohio
- Commitment to investing in and growing women’s leadership, which includes individual and team professional development
- 401k match program offered
- Access to health insurance benefits
- Supportive and flexible work environment
Minimum Education Required