Details: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
332 South Michigan Avenue
JOB SUMMARY - Join our team!
CSTA is a dynamic and vibrant organization of professionals interested in supporting Computer Science education in K-12. Our membership consists of over 30,000 members from more than 145 countries. These members include elementary, middle, and high school teachers; college and university faculty; supportive members of industry and government, school administrators, other non-profits, and parents. There are currently 70+ local CSTA member chapters. CSTA is looking for an experienced Chapter Relations Manager to support these chapters with leadership and quality programming for their members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Executive Director and chapter leaders with creating, planning, and implementation of chapter-based and national membership recruitment and retention programs
- As the primary staff liaison to local chapters, provide comprehensive support to chapter leaders to assist them with establishing and maintaining chapter operations
- Develop and implement plan for recruiting and onboarding new chapters and chapter leaders
- Develop and implement new chapter programs and services
- Manage scholarship programs for chapter leaders and members
- Plan and execute in-person and virtual trainings for chapter leaders
- Create marketing materials and chapter resources, including newsletter content, toolkits, webinars, brochures, fact sheets, surveys, website templates, etc.
- Assist chapter leaders in utilizing member database
- Track the success and overall performance of all chapter activities
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
We are looking for a self-starter who is skilled in successfully delivering projects, enjoys multi-tasking, cheerfully excels under pressure, and works independently. Must be extremely detail-oriented, and possess exceptional writing and communications ability.
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- 3+ years experience in a chapter management, community relations, or similar program management role, preferably with a national membership organization
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in working with technology, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and Google Docs, social media, websites, and electronic communications
- Prior experience with CSTA through an existing chapter preferred
- Strong administrative and data management skills
- Experience in using a membership database (YourMembership platform preferred)
- A bachelor’s degree (Computer science background/experience not required)
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% time
In addition, you:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
Excellent benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance premiums paid at 100% for employee, subsidized for dependents
- 15 days paid vacation, 10 paid holidays, 10 days paid sick time
- Opportunity to participate in 403b plan with employer match
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
Minimum Education Required