Details: Commensurate with experience.
The Office Manager will serve as the steward of the organization’s headquarters, overseeing and enhancing all office operations to ensure team members are able to effectively do their work every day.
At the National Association of Charter School Authorizers (NACSA), we believe that all children should have access to public schools that prepare them for success in life. We achieve this vision by strengthening charter school authorizing – the work of approving, monitoring, and holding charter schools accountable. Quality authorizing is essential to ensuring that charter schools can play a vital role in providing better educational opportunities to children across the country. We work to improve authorizing by building an evidence base to inform best practices among hundreds of authorizers nationwide, shape state charter policies, and develop the growing authorizing profession.
ROLE AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
Be the “face” of NACSA and the first person with whom guests interact
- Welcome guests and visitors
- Answer main line and direct calls as appropriate
- Serve as primary contact with building management and vendors
Create systems to make the office run as smoothly as possible
- Maintain a clean, inviting, well-run office space
- Procure and manage office supplies, ensuring supplies are well-stocked and team members have what they need at any given moment
- Be the phone and video conferencing guru, setting up all conferencing systems to ensure smooth communication between on-site employees and virtual colleagues and trouble-shooting when appropriate
Work closely with colleagues to support their work
- Oversee the logistics, materials development, and office coordination of small events including staff meetings and retreats and Board meetings
- Book travel, accommodations, and transportation for participants of NACSA’s programs and services
- Compile expense reports for colleagues, ensuring accurate and timely submissions
The Office Manager will report to the Vice President of Development & Operations.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
You put people first.
- You are warm and friendly, and enjoy making others feel comfortable and at ease
- You like helping others and enjoy responding to their needs
- You thrive on collaboration and feedback
- People like being around you
- High emotional intelligence? You’ve got it!
You sweat the small stuff.
- Your inbox and hard drive are well-organized and you can find a document within seconds
- There is no detail too small for you
- “Behind the scenes” work gets you genuinely excited
- You effortlessly juggle multiple competing requests and projects with grace
You solve problems before they begin.
- You do not wait to be told what to do
- You remain cool, calm, and collected in the face of unforeseen challenges
- You are comfortable asking questions to gain clarity when needed
- You hold yourself personally responsible for results and are persistent as you follow up and follow through
- You are allergic to excuses
You are a learner.
- You are constantly seeking opportunities to learn and grow
- You value multiple perspectives and experiences
- You listen to others, and take their opinions into consideration
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Previous administrative, operations, or events experience preferred
- Familiarity with conferencing technology
ALL STAFF MEMBERS DEMONSTRATE ALIGNMENT WITH NACSA'S VALUE
- Quality Education: We are mission oriented and driven by the belief that all children deserve high-quality education options.
- Excellence: We do A-level work and set a high bar for performance in order to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Strategy: We begin our work with the end goal in mind, and align our priorities with NACSA’s Strategic Plan.
- Initiative: We proactively bring solutions to problems and do everything possible in order to reach desired outcomes.
- Community: We are part of an inclusive community that seeks opportunities for collaboration, considers multiple viewpoints and respects and values diversity.
- Balance: We prioritize effectively to respect our professional and personal commitments and foster organizational and individual success.
NACSA provides an excellent benefits program with generous medical, dental, and disability coverage as well as the option to participate in a 401K matching plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
NACSA encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and we seek to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
The review of candidates will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Applications should consist of a current resume and cover letter that is tailored to this specific position and also includes one personal interest, hobby, or cause. Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NACSA is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law.