Director of Human Resources (Employee Experience and Inclusion)
- Job posted by Rainforest Action Network
Details: 4 days per week w. Full Benefits
425 bush street
For more than 30 years, Rainforest Action Network (RAN) has campaigned to preserve forests, protect the climate and uphold human rights by challenging corporate power and systemic injustice through research, education, partnerships, non-violent direct action, grassroots organizing strategic campaigns and communications. We are committed to working with Indigenous and frontline communities directly impacted by profit-driven systems of injustice. In partnership with allies from around the world, RAN challenges corporations to stop destructive operations, respect human rights, and adopt policies that reduce their contributions to climate change. RAN is committed to doing what is necessary, not only what is considered politically feasible.
The Director of Human Resources (Employee Experience, Inclusion and Operations) will be part of the RAN Leadership team and will report to the Deputy Executive Director. In collaboration with the Executive, Leadership and Administrative teams this position will oversee all employee relations matters in the organization. This is an outstanding opportunity for a seasoned Human Resources leader to apply their passion and experience in staff and leadership coaching, racial justice and equity, relationship building, dispute resolution and organizational development in service of protecting forests, fighting climate change and upholding human rights.
To be successful in this role, candidates should have demonstrable experience leading HR functions and building organizational effectiveness and management in a nonprofit institutional setting. RAN is committed to equity, inclusion, and justice in our work and within our organization. This position will play a key role in ensuring those values are echoed in support and guidance of staff and managers.
● Establish and maintain a collaborative, service-oriented team to deliver efficient, professional, timely and compassionate HR results through proactive and impactful employee support.
● Guide and coordinate proactive employee relations and problem solving with a strong racial justice and equity lens
○ Mediate and resolve any complex conflict resolution relating to investigations and grievances to ensure consistent standards and timely resolution.
● Oversee fair and consistent recruitment, hiring, retention and compensation practices
○ Coach staff and supervisors on ensuring integrity and consistency in hiring, performance reviews, promotion, termination and all other personnel decisions
○ Support HR administrator and hiring manager on developing job descriptions and compensation for vacant positions
○ Ensure quality and consistency in new hire onboarding procedures and in the implementation of all personnel policies
○ Review and update, as needed, employee handbook, staff policies, performance review systems, compensation guidelines to ensure compliance and fairness.
● Develop and deliver trainings to support inclusive and equitable HR practices and for professional development of staff and managers.
Organizational Leadership and Planning
● Serve as an organizational advocate for equity, inclusion, and justice, and in collaboration with RAN leadership and staff, help build and maintain a culture that reflects RAN's core values and aligns with our anti-oppression principles.
● Promote a culture of high performance, feedback and continuous improvement that values learning, accountability and a commitment to equity.
● Create and upkeep organizational systems of personnel policies and internal controls.
● Prioritize and oversee special projects, such as geographic pay adjustments, salary benchmarking, PEO evaluation, office relocation, etc.
Management and Operations
● Ensure and maintain legal compliance in all employee matters.
○ Maintaining knowledge of industry trends and working with the HR administrator and PEO, ensure compliance with state and Federal employment laws and regulations, appropriate record keeping, and benefits administration.
○ Communicate changes in the organization's personnel policies and procedures to staff and ensure proper compliance.
○ Review and ensure HR information system meets the organization's personnel information needs.
● Oversee organization-wide operations
○ Guide decisions on office space, including adequate interface for remote staff, lease negotiations, and real estate prospecting and disaster recovery plan
○ Oversee information systems administration by third party vendor to ensure maintenance and timely upgrades for technology
● Supervise HR Generalist and Office Manager and serve as back-up support for HR and office matters and when assigned staff are unavailable.
RAN strives to integrate values of equity and fairness into our work, which includes bringing an intentional racial justice analysis to our programmatic work and organizational structure. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create a just and inclusive work environment and world. RAN provides all people with equal employment and volunteer opportunities while also staying committed to providing accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. We encourage applicants of color to apply for this position.
This is a 4 days/week position based in our San Francisco office. Target salary range at 80% employment is intended to be between $72,000-$80,000 with the final salary determination being based on candidate experience, overall qualifications and geographic location. Benefits include full health coverage for the employee and their partner/family, an employer funded HSA, vision & dental insurance, pro-rated 4 weeks PTO (increases to 5 weeks after 2 years), and a Simple IRA retirement plan with a 3% fully vested employer match. Additionally, after 5 years, staff are eligible for a 3 month fully-paid sabbatical.
Level of Language Proficiency
● Demonstrable and progressively senior level experience in Human Resources practice promoting positive employee relations and inspiring organizational culture.
● Demonstrated leadership in the creation of a diverse, equitable and inclusive work culture that encourages and celebrates differences with a strong commitment to creating a workplace culture grounded in the values of racial equity, inclusion and justice.
● Strong communication skills that convey writing with clarity and directness and comfort with individual and group mediation, facilitating others, giving honest feedback in real time, open to generative conflict.
● A demonstrated track record of managing a high-performing organization, department, or team, that reflects a deep understanding of and commitment to supporting staff learning and development.
● Excellent judgment and emotional intelligence including negotiation, mediation, and conflict resolution skills.
● A keen awareness and ability to consult and adapt practices and processes to address the varied needs and concerns of individuals with diverse backgrounds and cultures, working remotely, both domestic and internationally.
● Experience providing strategic guidance and oversight on building organizational effectiveness, staff development and performance management, coupled with a deep desire to actively transform away from oppressive organizational systems and practices.
● Interpersonal ability to build trust and goodwill with staff and senior management
● Strong ability to prioritize, manage projects, work autonomously as well as in teams.
● PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
HOW TO APPLY
Please include a cover letter with your application