Details: Hourly, Depends on Experience
119 West Palm Street
Who We Are
Alma Fuerte Public School (AFPS) is an innovative TK-8 public charter school in Altadena. We believe a school should be more than preparation for the next grade, high school or college. We believe a school should prepare children to become the creators, innovators, and leaders of tomorrow.
Alma Fuerte prepares our children for the challenges and opportunities of tomorrow by immersing them in an environment fostering hands-on learning and entrepreneurship. Upon graduation, students will have launched a company of their design. We are searching for exceptional talent to help us execute our audacious vision for the future of our school. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic organization dedicated to transforming public education for its students!
Who You Are
We’re looking for someone with a remarkable capacity to connect with parents and a strong level of dedication, respect and compassion for students. Great candidates will also have:
· A belief in Alma Fuerte’s mission, vision, and values
· A proven track record of working effectively with students and adults
· Demonstrated desire to work with a diverse group of families and students
· Outstanding project management and organizational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Self-motivated problem-solving skills
· A good sense of humor
· A passion for education reform
· Fluent with technology, especially use of Google Docs, and Mailchimp
· Spanish language fluency strongly preferred
· Bachelor degree preferred
About the Job
The Office Manager will interact with students, families and our team throughout each day, playing a key role in the development of our school culture. This is a part-time position for 3 hours per day, 5 days a week, from approximately 11am -2pm.
Day-to- day responsibilities include:
- School Nutrition Program: Coordinate with meal vendor and ensuring food safety standards. Distribute, collect, and process free and reduced lunch forms. Help manage the logistics of meal delivery and service.
- Basic organizational accounting; ordering and purchasing supplies
- Maintaining a strong presence at the front desk, serving as the initial point of contact for visitors and a day-to- day contact for students and families ensuring compliance with check-in procedures, and answering phones
- Event Planning & Coordination: Help plan and market events including school-wide activities, field trips, and recruitment events.
- Academic Support: Coordinating substitute teachers
- Health: Ensure vaccination compliance. Assess all students that need medical attention. Communicate illness and policies to parents.
- Marketing: Help manage school social media.
- Safety: Provide hallway supervision and arrival/dismissal support.
- Support the staff and team as needed.
- Data Management: Including preparing correspondence, mailers, reports, bulletins, files, forms, memorandums, attendance and student records; File reports as needed
Educational Background and Work Experience
· 1-2 years of relevant work experience
· Experience working with different types of communities
· Experience with customer service
· Experience working in administrative or clerical role
· Experience within a school or with young children preferred
· Bachelor's degree preferred
· Spanish strongly preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency strongly preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter that answers the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Office Manager” as the subject line.
· Why are you a good fit for Alma Fuerte Public School?
· What role should a school play in a community?