· Knowledge of: the mission, objectives, policies, programs and procedures of the principles and practices of non-profit organizations, affordable housing development and management preferred.
· Manage general ledger, including account set up.
· Monitor fiscal data for multiple projects, oversee accounts payable under the direction of the Executive Director.
· Train staff in proper procedures for cash receipts, A/P, A/R, and budgeting.
· Prepare required reporting documents in a timely fashion for investors and government agencies.
· Review and analyze historical and projected financial operating data
· Prepare operating budgets
· Analyze cash flow and operating expenses
· Forecast budget variances based on spending analysis.
· Draft monthly and quarterly reports for staff and board meetings in a timely fashion.
· Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies procedures controls & reporting systems.
· Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, enforcing and updating internal controls.
· Reviews and signs general journal entries and cash receipt entries before they are posted into the ledger.
· Reviews and approves all check requisitions, reviews the program codes and account codes.
· Frequent communication with the agency’s auditor and government auditors on year end book closing.
· Review and file 990 and other compliance forms. Prepare RPIEs.
· Collaborate with senior management to create budgets and modifications.
· Report program expenditures and income in government agencies’ templates.
· Review payroll documents, including fringe benefits allocations and pension allocation to different entities.
· Have a working relationship with the auditors for fiscal concerns.
· Conduct bank reconciliations for multiple housing entities.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in finance, accounting, or related degree preferred.
· 7-10 years of accounting experience working at a senior level (non-profit or housing experience preferred).
· Knowledge of Quickbooks and/or Yardi, as well as Microsoft Suite and Paychex.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, board of directors.
Part Time - 20-25 hours per week
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Multiple submissions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.