We Have an Exciting Opportunity!
Are you a STEM professional who also has experience working with children? Do you know how to “speak the speak” when talking to STEM academics or funders? Do you want to effect great change in the lives of more than 17,000 girls across New Jersey? We’re looking for you!
GSHNJ is seeking a STEM Experience Manager to lead the way in evolving, elevating, and updating our STEM program platform.
The STEM Experience Manager will develop, manage and deliver high-quality, relevant STEM related events, curricula, community partnerships, and related resources for girls ages 5-17 as driven by Girl Scout philosophy, market needs, funding requirements, and current trends.
Working collaboratively with internal partners, the STEM Experience Manager will evolve, elevate, and update GSHNJ’s overall STEM program in support of our mission to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to all girls. This position can be based out of any of our three service centers, with Montclair being preferred.
Here’s What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing curricula that utilizes the GSLE’s methodology to create STEM-related program events that provide relevant, innovative, engaging, and diverse experiences for girls ages 5-17, and that meet expected outcomes
- Effectively delivering the STEM components of the GSLE through the planning, budgeting, administration, and delivery of program events, GSHNJ’s “mobile STEM” initiative, and the STEM Center for Excellence at Camp Dewitt; including developing curricula, determining procedures, preparing budgets, and delivering programming
- Identifying and pursuing funding to support GSHNJ’s STEM strategy. Working with cross-functional team to ensure compliance with grant requirements and reporting
- Researching, recruiting, and maintaining relationships with individuals, businesses, community partners, GSUSA, and other stakeholders
- Managing the development, evolution and execution of GSHNJ’s STEM strategy, goals, and objectives, including GSHNJ’s mobile STEM initiatives
- As the STEM program evolves and grows, manage and lead STEM Experience Specialist team
Is this you?
- B.A. in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics or equivalent of four or more years of relevant experience in a STEM field
- Superior prioritization and adaptability skills, as you will be coordinating multiple projects while managing conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrate effective facilitation and presentation skills to a diverse group of business partners, potential funders, girls ages 5-17, adult volunteers, and coworkers
- Able to promote retention and transfer of knowledge or skills by using Girl Scouts’ program delivery methodologies and appropriate use of technology
- A valid driver's license, current insurance, and access to a reliable vehicle are required for travel between council properties and across entire service area as needed
- Flexibility to shift work hours as needed, including evenings and weekends
- Able to pass GSHNJ background clearances
- Experience with youth leadership and development, with a STEM focus
- Familiarity with Salesforce software and applications
- Experience with curriculum writing
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) - preferred, not required
- Event planning experience
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, along with a comfortable work environment. If you’re interested in learning more about this exciting role, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D