1617 John F Kennedy Boulevard
Business Unit: Operations
Department: Workforce Strategies- Training
Reports To: Manager of Training Program
Posted: September 4 – September 18, 2018
This position is responsible for supporting the Manager of Training Programs with activities related to monitoring and evaluating the practices of the adult workforce system vendors to ensure compliance with contractual requirements. This position is also responsible for providing support and assistance to contracted vocational skills training providers to promote performance and quality services consistent with contract requirements and State program guidelines as directed by the Manager of Training of Programs.
This position will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide technical assistance to contracted providers to ensure program performance, including compliance with contract requirements and Department of Human Services/Bureau of Employment Programs guidelines and Scope of Services.
- Utilize the program monitoring tools to ensure program performance.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports of all performance review findings; using data obtained from monitoring tools, analyze trends and inefficiencies that are identified and make recommendations for improvement.
- Support subcontractors in the implementation of program improvement plans, which includes providing technical training to program management and staff, policy clarification and other resources.
- Maintain current knowledge of contract goals and performance standards, guidelines and State program guidelines policies.
- Monitor the Vocational Skills Training e-mail account to log and prepare incoming proposals for initial review.
- Coordinate the internal review process for approved Vocational Skills Training proposals from distribution of review materials to collection and tracking results; maintain physical and virtual records for all Vocational Skills Training respondents including proposals and documents submitted, and any subsequent Philadelphia Works correspondence.
- Identify trends among providers regarding deficiencies in documentation and work with management to formulate solutions.
- Act as the primary point of contact for email submission of additional information during the procurement process for Vocational Skills Training.
- Provide technical assistance, via phone and on-site visits, to vocational skills training providers to ensure program performance and compliance with contract requirements and program guidelines.
- Compile and track the monitoring results of provider reviews, create statistical reports in Excel and submit reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist in preparation of written presentations of the department’s programs including, but not limited to board book entries.
- Review, sort and classify correspondence and answer those which are within the delegated authority areas.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Services, Business Management or related field with 2 to 3 years’ experience in monitoring and/or quality assurance and contract administration. Knowledge and experience with Workforce Data is preferred. Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Or, any combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Strong analytical, reporting and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, presentation, planning and organizational skills
· Strong ability to interpret Contract Scope of Service
· Proficient in Word and Excel and working knowledge of Power Point
· Ability to interact effectively with various levels of staff, management, government officials, and the public
· Ability to travel to various locations throughout the city
Equal Opportunity Employer
Philadelphia Works is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, transgender status, and gender identity), gender, creed, age, national origin, ancestry, familial status, religion, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual preference, political affiliation, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws, in all matters pertaining to recruitment, selection, compensation, training, advancement and promotion, retention, discipline, and termination.
What We Offer
Philadelphia Works offers qualifying full time employees with a competitive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition assistance, life and disability. We also offer company paid vacation, personal and sick leave days
Minimum Education Required