7083 Hollywood Blvd
The Digital Brand Manager is a creative force and an accomplished storyteller, driving brand tone through Music Forward’s digital platforms. You are passionate about connecting brand to our constituents - youth, music industry, professional volunteers, donors and other supporters - and drive collaboration across Music Forward, as well as with community and industry partners to support brand energy. You build sustainable digital and social campaigns and plans that integrate marketing data; develop and lead a consultant and intern team of photographers, videographers, graphic designers, and web developers to create content; and ensure execution of plans.
Candidates for this opportunity should be exceptional creative thinkers, resourceful problem-solvers, highly-organized and detail-oriented project managers, and possess a range of marketing skills including copy writing, graphic design, and social media management. You love music, community, and making a difference. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and works closely with Program and Development staff.
- Digital strategy: drive digital audience stratification, expansion, and engagement strategies that build awareness of Music Forward and integrate program and development goals. Develop and adapt strategies based on best practice, trends and performance analysis of digital marketing initiatives across platforms. Manage organizational email marketing content and delivery execution. Forge and nurture relationships with digital team partners, including Live Nation and House of Blues, to create, collaborate and coordinate mutual digital planning strategies and execution, and report on related results.
- Social media: develop social media strategy, including data-driven, targeted ad and paid social strategy. Manage brand tone, copywrite and support design of digital content. Take a leadership role in driving others, including staff, internal partners and external parties, to create and share content that you curate. Manage Music Forward’s social calendar and ensure timely, relevant updates across all platforms. Manage audience insight and engagement to optimize communication with brand audiences. Develop metrics for success and provide regular reporting to inform effective strategy.
- Website: update website with current organization, campaign, and program information, including visuals. Lead the Music Forward staff and your consultant and intern team to refresh the visuals and other web content (i.e.-video, photos, forms, blog content). Provide direction to a web developer on larger project updates, such as new website functionality.
- Integrate digital assets across national partners: coordinate and provide digital assets that can be leveraged by marketing partners’ leadership teams, including Live Nation, for integration into their platforms (i.e.-Live Nation digital screens, House of Blues TV, e-newsletters, mobile and online advertisements, social media content, etc.) Strategically work with local marketers for local integration of national initiatives across multiple markets nationwide. Incorporate national partners’ assets into Music Forward’s platforms and assets (i.e. sponsor logos and website recognition).
- Develop and manage a supporting team of contractors, consultants, and interns, and provide strong creative vision and direction, timelines, budgets, trackers, and other tools to effectively complete projects. Develop processes for asset collection from program alumni, donors, volunteers, interns, online community, and others to capture and share our story.
- Be an active member of our team: participate in the life of the organization through programs, concerts, networking and special events. Manage and maintain relationships to build brand affinity and strengthen partnership opportunities. Take initiative by brainstorming, researching, proposing, and testing strategic changes within current communications, including evaluation of current and future value of outside vendors, partners, and interns; participate in required staff calls and meetings; provide general and administrative support for organization outreach and special events; additional duties as assigned.
What you bring
- 4+ years of related digital marketing experience
- Ability to provide strong creative vision and direction
- Demonstrated success growing brand awareness and audience acquisition
- Proven capacity to lead various and simultaneous projects and teams. You understand and relish the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team
- Exceptional time management and high level of comfort working in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- An evident pride in work with a demonstrated commitment to high professional standards
- Must be able to work early mornings, evenings and weekends to finish projects and support programs and special events as needed
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Expertise creating content for websites and social media. Music Forward’s current platforms are Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. Website is built on WordPress
- Graphic design experience and familiarity with Adobe Creative Design Suite
- Knowledge of interactive media production, theories and workflows as well as current production gear and techniques
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills with acute attention to detail
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, and corresponding website management
Music Forward is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a full-time salaried position with 100% paid medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits. Music Forward also offers a 401k and access to other perks (i.e.-Flex Spending Account, corporate discounts, ticketing to live entertainment performances). Salary commensurate with experience and bench marked to national nonprofit sector standards.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter, resume, relevant digital samples (i.e.-website copy, social campaigns, graphics, or other materials you drove from concept to finished product), and three professional references to email@example.com. Email subject should be “Digital Brand Manager – [insert applicant first and last name].”