Details: Local competitive salary
Mayan Families is a growing and vibrant registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization that provides opportunities and assistance to indigenous Maya communities of Guatemala through a wide variety of programs that focus on education, healthcare, and community development.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Content Creator to join our team. Based in Guatemala, the Communications Team publicizes the work and mission of Mayan Families to a (mostly) English-speaking external audience via digital mediums including social media, email marketing, multimedia, and web. This position requires high levels of creativity and organization, with opportunities for learning in a cross-cultural, dynamic setting. The ideal candidate is a a team player and self-sufficient multi-tasker, who works with passion and has a desire to expand his/hers creative skills in writing, photography, video, and graphic design.
Will love ideating as much as executing and being part of a collaborative environment.
- Propose innovative and creative campaign ideas for our different programs.
- Collaborate with the Communications & Marketing Manager to develop and execute digital marketing and online fundraising campaigns.
- Understand Mayan Families' goals and translate them into engaging communications.
- Create digital content that entertains, informs, and attracts organic traffic to our website. This includes blogs, emails, infographics, videos, social media posts, and more.
- Use your creative instincts to help shape the Mayan Families voice. Write content for social media, emails, and edit blogs.
- Create compelling email layouts and infographics for social media and blogs.
- Manage social media accounts and implement strategy to increase followers and engagement on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram.
- Photography and photo editing to complement written content on all of the above platforms.
- Create and edit videos for digital publication.
- Stay up-to-date on nonprofit trends, social media best practices and emerging technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Graphic Design, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or other relevant field) or equivalent experience.
- Excellent English and working Spanish, written and spoken communications skills.
- An aptitude for digital content creation and promotion in its many forms, from traditional reporting and writing to using creative story forms and video to social sharing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite programs, especially PhotoShop and InDesign.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills with an ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm for helping nonprofits grow.
Highly Desirable Attributes
- Advanced/Fluent Spanish
- Experience working and travelling abroad, or working in a cross-cultural environment
- Video editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO and digital marketing strategies including Google AdWords and Google Analytics
- Knowledge of challenges faced by indigenous populations, particularly in Guatemala
The successful applicant must be prepared to relocate to Panajachel, Guatemala for a period of 18 months.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send cover letter, resume, and sample of creative work (this can be anything from writing to graphic design, video, or photography) to: email@example.com
Please write "Content Creator- LAST NAME" in the subject line.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. We will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.
*ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED*
For more information please visit www.mayanfamilies.org