Part Time Temporary Contract
Details: Writers will be paid $50 for each post approved for publication.
389 Fifth Avenue, Fl 9
Idealist Careers, a publication of Idealist.org, is seeking experienced freelance writers to pitch and create original content that speaks to our target audience of social-impact professionals. Freelancers will be a part of our Contributing Writers Program managed by our editor, with potential for ongoing or recurring engagements.
Writers will be paid $50 for each post that is approved for publication. This is a remote position.
- Writers will be expected to submit two original posts each month, generated from original pitches, and/or topics assigned by Idealist Careers editor.
- Respond to comments and edits from editor in agreed-upon timeframe.
- Timely submission of invoices.
- Passionate about the social-impact space and career development.
- Past experience writing for a professional, online publication.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Grammar is kind of your thing.
- Ability to write in an informal and yet knowledgeable tone. We want to make sure that you come across as an expert on your topic, but it’s important that submissions are formatted and worded in such a way that makes them highly accessible to all of our readers.
- Ability to review your work with an eye for brevity.
- Deadline oriented and highly responsive.
- Love feedback and strive to align your own voice as a contributing writer with the Idealist Careers brand.
- Ability to independently take posts from ideation to completion.
- Past experience pitching your own ideas.
- Fact checker, because you love facts.
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals (keywords, tags, meta descriptions, etc.).
- Past experience working in, and/or writing for the social-impact space.
- Experience writing interview-based articles.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Apply here by Friday, March 23, 4pm EST.