Safe Horizon envisions a society free of family and community violence. We will lead the way by empowering victims of domestic violence, child abuse, sexual assault and human trafficking to move from crisis to confidence.
Safe Horizon's mission is to provide support, prevent violence and promote justice for victims of crime and abuse, their families and communities.
This position is an overnight shift. The schedule is Friday-Sunday, 4pm-12am and Monday and Tuesday, 12am-8am
Domestic Violence Emergency Shelter programs offer a comprehensive range of services including counseling, advocacy, intervention, and support to meet the needs of victims and their families.
Essential Job Functions: This is a first line supervisory position involving supervisory and resident responsibilities. These may include some or all of the following:
· Monitoring the daily activity and overall performance of the unit or sub-unit;
· Assisting in training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating staff and volunteers;
· Assisting in making recommendations for hiring, promotional decision, firing and other disciplinary actions;
· Participating in planning and implementing new procedures relating to the unit;
· Providing direct services to residents;
· Assisting staff in making appropriate referrals and resolving problems which may arise with residents and staff;
· Acting as a liaison to other agencies and attending in related meetings;
· Performing other duties which contribute to the running of the worksite, including: ordering equipment and supplies; maintaining communication with other Safe Horizon offices; recording and analyzing statistics; and
· Other related duties as assigned.
· Hours: Full time, varying hours-including nights and weekends
· High School/GED diploma required (AA or BA preferred)
· Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience required, preferable in a human services setting.
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins, and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Safe Horizon is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals and endeavors to hire individuals of diverse races, colors, creeds, ethnicities, religions, genders, gender identities or expressions, ages, sexes, sexual orientations, national origins and disabilities, as well citizen, marital, protected veteran and HIV statuses.
Minimum Education Required