CAMBA's Program Evaluation and Data Analysis Department maintains the agency's client tracking database (including client demographics, service delivery and outcomes), and agency-wide program dashboards. We train program staff in data entry, and generate reports for agency executive and managers, as well as for funders. We design program evaluation projects (sometimes along with external researchers at universities and research organizations), collect and analyze data, and report on results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The person filling this position is expected, under general direction, to; (1) Assist in all implementation and outcome program evaluation activities; (2) Collaborate with program leadership to identify key indicators of program success, through leading the creation or modification of logic models; and (3) Conduct research on social, economic, housing, educational and other factors relevant to the program areas, including online sources, academic literature reviews and analysis of public datasets; include the following:
- Maintain professional relationships with clients and client confidentiality.
- Practice Universal Precautions/Standard Protocol & Procedures.
- Comply with any and all Federal, State, City and CAMBA security and privacy polices intended to protect the security and privacy of individually identifiable health information.
- Design data collection instruments such as surveys, focus group protocols, interviews, and observation guides.
- Collect data from program staff and clients/participants using data collection instruments.
- Analyze data, including administrative data collected in the process of program operations.
- Lead data co-interpretation sessions and meet with program staff on a regular basis to discuss data.
- Report results in writing, visually (e.g., infographics), and orally.
- Generate and provide reports on participant characteristics and success indicators to program staff, agency executives and the development department, as needed.
- Recommend actions to promote continuous program quality improvement.
- Review data in CAMBA's databases to assess data reliability.
- Communicate with program staff in person or through writing to inform them of systemic issues with data reliability.
- Train program staff to review data and identify systemic issues with data reliability.
- Identify existing data collection tools and relevant administrative data.
- Assist with the development and documentation of all department projects.
- Tasks may be modified, expanded and/or assigned over time.
Minimum Education/Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) and two years of applicable experience in program evaluation or social science research and/or equivalent experience. Master's Degree preferred.
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods: literature review, survey design, focus groups and interviews, data collection and analysis.
- Experience with statistical data analysis software (e.g., SPSS, Stata) and/or advanced Excel skills, including analytic functions (i.e., Pivot tables, formulas, etc.)
- Excellent writing ability
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative workstyle, excellent communications skills, and the ability to translate complex concepts into measureable indicators
- Experience with human services and/or educational organizations
- Knowledge of supportive housing programs in New York City is a plus.
Minimum Education Required